Do MX-3's have governors?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
pcperez83

Do MX-3's have governors?

Post by pcperez83 »

The other day on the highway me and my girlfriend topped out my car at 180 km/h, and i always heard that mx-3's top out atleast at 200 km/h. Do mx-3's have governors pre-installed, or do the cars actually just top out at 180? and if so where do i get a governor disabler?
pelado

Re: Do MX-3's have governors?

Post by pelado »

As far as I know they have a built in rev limiter but no speed limiting governor. I've been wrong before, though.
KLZE, ZE PCM, UR pulley, PS catback, PS STS, PRM, IAC bypass, 64mm TB, FOP hair gel
basil_75

Post by basil_75 »

I don't think they have a rev limiter. When I was playin around in the engine and revved, the throttle cable got stuck..scared the hell out of me...but I spun the tach all the way around and there was no sign of a RL so I don't think there is one. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
George Jefferson= Reason for birth control
MX-3 Extreme

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

There is a rev limiter on the 4 dohc 1.6 and the car will top out at 195 km unless computer is reprogramed. Pretty sure this is the case with most mx-3 stock motors.<P>Killermx3
endocyc

Post by endocyc »

I drive a 92 GS and I have reached a top speed of 220klm with no sign of a govenor, although my friend drives a 92 RS and says it peeks out about 190 also no govenor. :eek:
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

on my 92gs theres a rev limiter set at 7600rpm<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
Travis83

Post by Travis83 »

my 92 GS tops out at 135mph...i dont know if it has a rev limiter or not
****F.U.B.A.R. SINCE 03/30/02****<P>Blaze Red w/white racing stripes<BR>FX Designs Body Kit<BR>52" Aerospeed Aluminum Spoiler<BR>18X7.5 Konig Imagine Wheels<BR>Red underbody kit<BR>Blacklights inside
pcperez83

Post by pcperez83 »

hey endocyc is your car standard or automatic? cuz my car is auto do you think that would affect, my 180km/h top speed? :)
Coolzombi

Post by Coolzombi »

i really think all mx-3 model do have a rev limiter set at 7200rpm for th 1996 gs...<BR>but ive heard there no power past 6500 ..not sure but in driving it feel true..but you can gain a little adavance on your competitor in a race..!
Friends don't let friends drive stock.
endocyc

Post by endocyc »

Hey Pedro mine is standard and I have no experience with an Auto but I would say NO the auto should peek around the same. Perhaps you should look at your sensors particularly The Throtle position sensor, all you need is a feeler guage and a volt metre. these sensors are known to wear out with out complletely malfunctioning or showing up on the ECU. Just a thaught.
pcperez83

Post by pcperez83 »

Hey Endo,<BR>That sounds like a good idea, can you tell me whereabouts the throttle position sensor is? Thanks
Sean Mandell

Post by Sean Mandell »

hey pedro, I think that maybe u r driving at a slight elevation cause most 4 cyl. max out at 200 flat. <BR>or depending on where u live in calgary there is a lot of thin air in the mountains which in turn will effect your top speed. :eek:
"A hero and a coward both feel fear but it is the hero who reacts first while the coward hides behind the hero"
pcperez83

Post by pcperez83 »

Yeah i know but i've topped my car on deerfoot Trail aswell as the highway and they both times toped out at 180, my car is a v6 so i know it should be capable of 180 plus but i'm really thinking it's tranny problems..
wyldside
Supporting Member
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by wyldside »

Hey Pedro,<BR>I think the air in this area is a big problem. Most of Alberta is quite high. One thing you can make sure of is getting a K&N Filter. That might help. I usually hit around 195km/h but I usually slow down because I can't afford anymore tickets.
James Gosteli
X-Prez of MX-West

1992 Seal-Gray MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :mrgreen:
1992 White MX-3 GSR-ZE (KLZE 2.5L V6) :( Worklog (Parting out)
1993 Blaze Red MX-3 GS - RIP :cry:
Pac Man

Post by Pac Man »

Well i'm not lieing but my mx-3 has 206,000km<BR>on it and i can get it going 200km. I race my friends all the time. I don't know if there's a governor i would assume so. It would be good for a stock car with out one. :D
Why go when you can SHOW!!!!! :)

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”