? on 1.8L V6

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
DDO49

? on 1.8L V6

Post by DDO49 »

Ok I was wondering if anyone knows of any more mods to do on a 1.8 L , trying to get to 200 hp, but without the 2.5 KL swap. Has anyone beenable to reach this? I so far have Magnaflow muff full catback, Weapon R Dragon intake system,and Phenolic spacers. I'm in a search for headers but the ones like pacesetter I hear isn't worth the gain of hp for the money. Any help is wanted.<P> thnx [img]null[/img]
G-Force body kit, 17 inch TSW's, custom sterio and soon swap for KLZE
ProtegeSTS

Re: ? on 1.8L V6

Post by ProtegeSTS »

cams, headwork, higher compression pistons, stand alone, valve springs, retainers, Underdrive pulley.....
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
DDO49

Post by DDO49 »

what websites can I find these at?
G-Force body kit, 17 inch TSW's, custom sterio and soon swap for KLZE
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

do some reasearch, i cant spoon feed you EVERYTHING ;)
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DDO49:<BR><STRONG>what websites can I find these at?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Not really, cause its pretty muchly all custom.<P>Search for "stand alone engine management", or "custom reground cams", or "custom rods", etc on a web search engine.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

get a Zex kit. They make 3 different kits. The mx-3 GS uses the kit called the "4.5v kit"....meaning the TPS puts out 4.5v at WOT..it comes with a variety of jet sizes, and is pretty safe and easy to use....
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
jon8rfc

Post by jon8rfc »

check <A HREF="http://www.corksport.com" TARGET=_blank>www.corksport.com</A> and <A HREF="http://www.nopionline.com" TARGET=_blank>www.nopionline.com</A> <P>I wouldn't recommend an underdrive pulley because of how it slows down your alternator, so if you have a sound system that has quite a few ounces of magnets then you will lose your ability to power them as much, i opted for a PRM intake instead of an Unorthodox Racing underdrive pulley. It'll also have trouble recharging your battery when idling if you get that pulley. Get a Superchip, man you can feel the car get an extra pull in 1st, 2nd (really feel it in 2nd), and 3rd gear when you go above 4500rpm.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

the pacesetter headers wont work with the mx-3 without fabrication. They use to sell headers for us, but now its just for the probe. Two people on the list do have the headers, but i cant remember the names of the guys i sold em to :D ??? ;)
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Bri94GS:<BR><STRONG>get a Zex kit. They make 3 different kits. The mx-3 GS uses the kit called the "4.5v kit"....meaning the TPS puts out 4.5v at WOT..it comes with a variety of jet sizes, and is pretty safe and easy to use....</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>whats ZEX kit?
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
ProtegeSTS

Post by ProtegeSTS »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mitmaks:<BR><STRONG><P>whats ZEX kit?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>Its a nitrous oxide system.
-93 MR2
#129 E-stock

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”