engine/tranny swap questions.

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Buff1110
Supporting Member

engine/tranny swap questions.

Post by Buff1110 »

basically i have 2 questions about the different motors n transmissions u can swap into the GS.<BR>1. i understand the klze has higher compression and makes more hp, but is there a big difference between swapping the klze vs. the kl03. (0-60 & 1/4 mile times).<BR>2. i wanna swap the tranny and have found the regular for the klze and also an lsd tranny. what is the difference bc there is a $500 difference. will the lsd make a bigger difference vs. the klze tranny??<BR>any comments will help<BR>Thanks <BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
white fish

Re: engine/tranny swap questions.

Post by white fish »

03 has 160hp the ZE has 200hp so yeah the ZE has better time but you have to think about the cost difference<P><BR>go for the lsd! what are you paying for it?
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

the prices i have gotten so far are<BR>kl03 750<BR>klze 1300<BR>reg tranny 450<BR>lsd tranny 900<P>but how does the lsd tranny differ? and how big of a difference in the ze vs. 03?<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

hey buff, where are you getting ur prices? i'm curious cuz i live in nj too. i noticed in ur profile u work at an applebee's too.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
white fish

Post by white fish »

lsd stands for limited slip differential (sp) that means when you hit it of the start both wheels will spin rather than just one and belive me you will spin the tires like crazy if you want
Zoso124
Forum Moderator
antispam: No

Post by Zoso124 »

Well first off there is no such thing as a KL03, its just a KL, add the ZE to it (KL-ZE)for it to be understood as J-Spec.<P>Secondly, you don't need the regular tranny cause its the same as the one in your car now, except for a little difference in 5th gear which will make no difference at all to you.<P>Thirdly, the axles are a different size for the LSD and are no not the same as the ones in your MX-3 now. They never tell you that you need to make custom axles because at the moment there isn't any known axles that will work. If there is I would like to know.<P>Good luck! <BR> :)<p>[ November 24, 2001: Message edited by: Zoso124 ]
Mike Evans
Gone:
92 GS Tropical Emerald MTX 2.5L
93 GS Raspberry Metallic SE MTX 1.8L

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”