Engine Mount for 2.5L

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Ray

Engine Mount for 2.5L

Post by Ray »

Does anyone know if the 2.5L engine mounts from the 626 or probe fits and is "tuffer" our original ones, just thinking.. :)
Ray
2.5L if you try - you can't without it
Bri94GS

Re: Engine Mount for 2.5L

Post by Bri94GS »

there's TONS of topics and sites on how to do the swap..most of them answered these questions over and over again
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Ray

Post by Ray »

Sorry if I stepped on your toes,<BR>But I have NOT seen this anywhere, and I have been on to this engine swap for more than 6 month, It is not clear to me, as of the 4 links in engine swap (3 works) this is all there is:<BR> "It turned out the engine mounts were slightly different. I should of swapped them out when both engines were on the ground. I ended up installing the K8 mounts on the ZE engine while it was in the engine bay. Took about 1.5 hours. If you do the swap just remember to move the mounts over when both engines are still on the floor. " here all there is an slight difference, I would find it naturally that Mazda had tuffer standard Engine mounts for the KL03, and that as the engine bays differ slightly you might be lucky, As you are so damn smart, to now everything, you should help instead of letting your mouth run, I am not raised with english, as you are, so I ASK when in DOUBT,
Ray
2.5L if you try - you can't without it
white fish

Post by white fish »

you can just inject your old mounts with polyurathane that will be nice and stiff with very little engine rock

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”