Searching for a new muffler

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Redline

Searching for a new muffler

Post by Redline »

Right now I am looking around for muffler, something to at a few Hp and to have a nice sound output. What's the opinoin on mufflers for the mx-3? And what size pipe should i have it mounted on 2 1/2" or 3"? [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
cmx3d

Re: Searching for a new muffler

Post by cmx3d »

i recommend magnaflow. thats what i am about to get and ive heard them, and they sound good. go to there site, and for mufflers there not really pricey. I've heared 2.0 or 2.25 in. you probally wouln't gain alot of hp with just a muffler, if you want a gain you should get straight piping with a performance muffler. that itself will add some, but if you put a intake on, such as prm or hks you should gain more,(not to mention a nice sound). hope this is of some help
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

uhhh ur nutz if ur gonna put 2.5 or 3 on 2 is the BIGGEST you wanna go, our engines are small, and i assume u dun have a turbo, so to save sum back pressure go with the 2in mandrel bent
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

ummm where did you learn that you need backpressure? That is total BS. You dont want any back pressure at all. You want to highest and most free flowing system that you can get. That does not mean getting as big of pipe as you can because that might disturb the flow on this small of an engine. You should look into maybe a 2.5" exhaust system for good flow.
JJ

Post by JJ »

Doesnt anyone know how to look back at other bulletin posts..........damn.....this question has come up like a whole bunch of timez.<BR>oh well<BR>peace<BR>JJ

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”