Intake Cleaning Treatment????

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
liquidleo

Intake Cleaning Treatment????

Post by liquidleo »

Hey everyone....I was wondering if any of you have heard of or done/had done this treatment. I read about it on the net, then went to a dealer just to ask some questions. They offered the treatment for just under $300us(they said it was this high because they change the oil!!!). Anyway, I headed to talk to the local parts guy down the street. He said that I could use AMSOIL-Power Foam. Spray it in the upper intake(via a spare vaccum line) with the engine running, after awhile stop the engine and let it set. 5-15 min. later get in and drive around to blow out all the crap(carbon). I'm I going to screw up my car doing this? It's supposed to clean the intake, intake valves(on the front and backside), heads, piston heads, exhaust valves. It's supposed to stop that low idle valve tap!!! I read that buildup on the pistonheads and valves is one of the causes of the tap. SO,ANYONE HAVE ANY INFO??<BR>Thanks.... :eek:
liquidleo /93 GS Red
David Coleman

Re: Intake Cleaning Treatment????

Post by David Coleman »

Thats a standard Decarboning procedure. <BR>Easy to do yourself.<BR><A HREF="http://www.mazdamaniac.com/v6/decarbon.htm" TARGET=_blank>Good Directions from Jeff Abrams Site</A>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
liquidleo

Re: Intake Cleaning Treatment????

Post by liquidleo »

Thanks!!! I just couldn't(possibly)ruin my engine, without a few opinions.
liquidleo /93 GS Red

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”