Highly recomend 2.5L swap

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: Highly recomend 2.5L swap

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KWK MX3:<BR><STRONG>Hello mx-ers!<BR>I am just putting up this post to tell you to save your money for all engine mods and get the 2.5L swap done. What a difference.<BR>Burn out of first, smoke it into second and hell, why dont we skwak it in 3rd while we are at it? It has oodles of power at every <BR>gear but drives like a regular 1.8 when driven normally. But mash the throttle and awaken the beast. I kept saying to myself<BR>"ive created a monster!" Either the regular 2.5L or the KL-ZE will do but the ZE is hard to find. Dont worry, the regular 2.5L KL03 pulls very hard as well and i like it for its reliability factor and that you can walk into any major part store and gat almost anything. It burns about 1/4 tank more than it did with the 1.8 but what? are we hondas or something? <BR>This is a true hot-rod that isnt for the weak, drive with caution.<P>zoom zoom!!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>And how much horsepower do you get? 30 or so? if so...it burns more fuel and car gets more heavy from engine load and these extra horsies get to pull weight of engine> so its not worth it.
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
Daemione

Post by Daemione »

I'm not sure the 2.5 engine is much (if any) heavier than the stock 1.8. According to one of the tables around here, it has smaller dimensions. I'm not sure if that's accurate, though.<P>And I'm sure the potential of the 2.5 is a lot higher than the 1.8. Given the availability & low cost of the KL, a swap seems like a no-brainer to me.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

The 2.5 weighs within 5# of the 1.8L.
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

Umm, 30 hp? try 70. The KLZE has 200 hp. The K8 has 130. Its an awesome difference.
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by killerpickle:<BR><STRONG>Umm, 30 hp? try 70. The KLZE has 200 hp. The K8 has 130. Its an awesome difference.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>If its bigger doesnt mean better duh its like comparing eclipse GSX with 4 cyl to camaro with 8 ....GSX will beat s out of it.<BR>626 is lot slower than mx-3...no smarty would put 626 engine in mx-3..slow
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks
RayRay

Post by RayRay »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mitmaks:<BR><STRONG><P>If its bigger doesnt mean better duh its like comparing eclipse GSX with 4 cyl to camaro with 8 ....GSX will beat s out of it.<BR>626 is lot slower than mx-3...no smarty would put 626 engine in mx-3..slow</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>that makes no sense wat so ever. [stock] gsx's are fast but not camaro z28/ss fast. and putting a big engine in a small car with short gears = fast. you no smarty.
2005 Nissan 350z
1990 Mustang GT - [sold]
1992 Mx-3 GS - [sold]
killerpickle

Post by killerpickle »

did anyone ever see that "monster miata" with the 5.0 engine in it... MAN that thing MUST be slow...such a big engine in a small car :)
Tom Alexander
93 MX3 GSR - KLZE / stage 3 clutch / PRM Intake / 2.25" exhaust - dual 3" outlet
full custom black and red interior / KLZE ECU / JE50 VAF
http://home.cogeco.ca/~mx3/ - updated dec 1/03
white fish

Post by white fish »

HAHAHA yous guys is funnys<P>use your head power to weight ratio
KNOCKOUT

Post by KNOCKOUT »

Speaking of power to weight ration, what exactly does the MX-3 GS weigh? I've heard/read that it's around 2500LBS.<p>[ November 01, 2001: Message edited by: KNOCKOUT ]
Do it.......Do it.......<BR>Do it ti'll you're satisfied!
precidian

Post by precidian »

just take a look at the <A HREF="http://www.mx-3.com/brochure/specifications.cfm" TARGET=_blank>specs</A>on mx-3.com<P>cheers,
Tom S. - '94 MX-3 GS-X Sparkle Green

I say, Ahmed. What is that thing you do when you're about to assassinate an infidel?
KWK MX3

Post by KWK MX3 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mitmaks:<BR><STRONG><BR>And how much horsepower do you get? 30 or so? if so...it burns more fuel and car gets more heavy from engine load and these extra horsies get to pull weight of engine> so its not worth it.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>#1.Have you ever been in a 2.5L MX-3?<P>#2.Do you know what torque is?<P>#3.Have you looked at the specs?<P>#4.Have you answered no to all the above, and wondered why you have a single star rating?
KWK MX3

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”