Exhaust type?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
JJ

Exhaust type?

Post by JJ »

ight guyz i wanna kno wut are the top best in exhaust systems that can fit my car and which give it that great deep sound.<BR>And please dont tell me 3A racing cuz i heard that there just "ok"....also dont tell me about pacesetter. <~~ they suck! :eek: <BR>well thanx<P>*92' mX-3 1.8L V6*
RanMan

Re: Exhaust type?

Post by RanMan »

I have a Tsudo muffler on my 1.6L DOHC and it sounds great. It is nice and deep. The exhaust is pretty quiet (not compared to factory exhaust though) until you floor it. I like it because it is loud enough to sound really mean, but quiet enough to not drive you crazy going down the road. Check out <A HREF="http://www.dcmotorsports.com/." TARGET=_blank>http://www.dcmotorsports.com/.</A> <BR>We have the Universal oval muffler with RSR tip on ours.
Alt-Tab

Post by Alt-Tab »

Since you have the V6, I would recommend looking at straight pipes. I did that, and put a Mitsubishi 3000 GT resonator on it to smooth it out. I'm not sure the stock resonator would have done as good. Just take the muffler/resonator off, and try it out! You can always put it back on if you don't like it.
Taylor<P>1995 Chevy C1500 Dark Blue<BR>* 305 (5.0L V8)<BR>* Hypertech Performance chip<BR>* Dynomax dual exhaust<P>SOLD: 1995 Dodge Dakota Sport - Flame Red<BR>* 3.9L V6 - 175 hp<BR>* Flowmaster dual exhaust<P>I Miss my MX-3:<BR>1992 MX-3 GS Blaze Red
JJ

Post by JJ »

thanx guyz....<BR>where'z everyone else..come on!<BR>I kno there are more of yaLL!!<BR>*peace*
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

funny, i have a Pacesetter Monza exhaust that i got for like $150...it seems fine to me, unless you want the ricey honda sound...
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
liquidleo

Post by liquidleo »

I have a Pacesetter also. It has a nice deep, mellow sound, but really screams when you get on it. Esp. if you take the cat off and reem it out, but don't try to pass emissions. I have noticed some flakey paint though. Over all easy and cheap.
liquidleo /93 GS Red
cmx3d

Post by cmx3d »

i was thinking about getting a monza exhaust system. So you guys say it doesnt sound good? would it add hp?
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

I like how mine sounds...it might be because i have a hollowed out cat though...seems to add a little somethin to my car too
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
liquidleo

Post by liquidleo »

I reemed my cat as well. I could tell a difference in power and sound. Failed all three test for emissions though.
liquidleo /93 GS Red
JJ

Post by JJ »

that sucks yo.... :eek:
locutus79

Post by locutus79 »

I also have a monza exhaust system w/ a hollowed cat, since i don't have to worry about pesky emissions tests down in FL, i love how it sounds. Somebody told me it would turn into a pile of rust but so far after 5 months it still looks and sounds great. :cool:
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

alright after searching and hearing various exausts, i finally got mine done yesterday. The setup i have now is just amazing, both sound (nice deep tone that makes heads turn) but definately acceleration difference. I went with a flowmaster 60 series which is specially designed for imports and brought my 92gs to meineke who did custom 2-1/4" piping from the cat back and got rid of my resonator. <BR>the total cost for the muffler, muffler tip, and piping with instalation was only $280<P>it was definately worth it<BR>hopes this helps<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
JJ

Post by JJ »

WUT PART OF FLORIDA?
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

Im looking for a cat back stainless steel dual tip 2.5" that sounds as close to stock as i can get. Do's anyone have any suggestions.
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
93mxrgs

Post by 93mxrgs »

im a lil skeptical about ur acceleration increasing, 2.25 is a lil big for out 1.8s you shoulda went with 2in and saved a lil back pressure, you'd be quiker, although you may have gain hp, you might have LOST a lil bit of torque, or atleast not gained must
Black-93 mx-3 Gs-R<BR>with goodies :) :)<BR>Hondas suck, and yes i race them...<BR>oops i mean no no i dont

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”