What should I be paying for this car

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
MX-3 Lover

What should I be paying for this car

Post by MX-3 Lover »

What is a ballpark price (Canadian dollars please) for a used MX-3 GS in great shape with 298,000 Km (6 cylinder). Needs new shocks, and a timing belt replacment. Runs great and body is in excellent shape with no rust.
(any idea what a timing belt replacement job will cost also?)
Thanks for your help,
Mat.
kuruption1983

Re: What should I be paying for this car

Post by kuruption1983 »

options, if no sunroof and AC, probably looking around 3.5 to 4 grand CDN$.
if you have the options, 4.5 to 4.7 maximum, that high mileage will hurt ya,,, :shrug:
mitmaks
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by mitmaks »

u might just swap engine so i wouldnt be so concerned with high mileage id look at mechanical condition of course if it dies and rattles i wouldnt get somethign like that but if guy took care of it i would get mx-3 even with 300K miles
Magnum s/s lines, strut bars, carbon fiber bezel, indiglow gauge, Sony Xplod, inverted c/f hood, SRD lower tie bar '93 GS SE '95 Cobra SVT #2722 '68 Charger R/T 440
http://www.cardomain.com/id/mitmaks

Post by Guest »

the las tthing you want i a car with problems, shop around and buy a good one for like 4000, mine is a LEMON, nothing but problems since about a month after i bought it, ive sunk probably 3500 into it and ive only had it about 7 months, and theres still alot wrong with it, im just overall disappointed in mx-3's, do yourself a favor and get a celica or something
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

hmmmmmmm, DELSOL,,,, :D :D
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

I don't remember exactly how much, but the replacing timing belt is not that cheap. I usually let the mechanics to do pretty much everything on the car, but if I remember right, it cost me over $100 (us). My mechanic was saying like he needs to replace some staff to change timing belt, etc.. Something too complicated for me to deal with.<p>bungo
MX-3 Lover

Post by MX-3 Lover »

okay...That gives me a pretty good idea...thanks alot for the help. This one is in great mech shape and runs really well. I'll let you guys know if it'm mine eventually.<p>Mat

Post by Guest »

If you want the exact price from canadian tire i have that in my car I,ll go get it ,but i think it was a couple hundred at least to change timing belt

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”