A decision to make

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
furiousclouds

A decision to make

Post by furiousclouds »

I am new to your site so bear with me. I have a 93 mx-3 gs. a year ago i dropped in a 2.5 v6 from japan with the 1.8 vaf because i couldnt find one. i am also using the 1.8 manifold but i just found a probe gt manifold with a bend *smile* so that is solved. My question is this: i am currently fixing my water pump and i find out that my 3rd gear goes out. Instead of replacing one gear, i would rather swap to an mx6 tranny from japan due to the fact that it has an lsd, does anyone know where to find one? or does anyone have one. if i find one, how will i know it has a lsd, is there a variation in the part #s. Second question is this: there is the 323f(lantis, astina) that has a 2.0v6 and four wheel drive. since this is a K series engine, will that tranny bolt up to our engine mounts... i know there will be modifications to make the fourwheel drive fit but will it bolt up to the mounts? these are definite dave questions, and anyone else who has as much info. i really need the help or i think i may just be selling a 2.5 liter v6 to start a new one.
93 Mazda MaXimum INTEGRAl<BR>submission to Allah's will above all. speed speed speed for the rest
BigProbe

Re: A decision to make

Post by BigProbe »

taken OFF the board...personal bizness.<p>[ October 13, 2001: Message edited by: BigProbe ]
Darin<BR>93 Probe GT<BR>242hp/256tq (wheel)<BR>Custom Intake<BR>93 Miata LE (#935 of 1500)<BR>102hp/92tq (PHEAR!)<BR>GReddy Catback<P>[This message has be edited by David Coleman (edited February 17, 2001).]
furiousclouds

Post by furiousclouds »

taken off the board... best way to handle things of this nature. i applaud you<p>[ October 13, 2001: Message edited by: furiousclouds unabated ]
93 Mazda MaXimum INTEGRAl<BR>submission to Allah's will above all. speed speed speed for the rest
BigProbe

Post by BigProbe »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by furiousclouds unabated:<BR><STRONG>typical of you...not even worth the reply... i am around whenever you want.... i work at madigan... i hope the moderators can see this because they should know that you are taking this to my personal email too. If anyone else has something by way of help to say... please post it... i would appreciate it... also, big probe you stated in the forced induction section that turbotechnologies built you a turbo...so which is it, only intake and exhaust...or is it turbo... keep your lies straight man... and back off my personal email. its not good for your health, you can take that any way you want to<P>furious ( and aptly named )</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>taken OFF the board...personal bizness.<p>[ October 13, 2001: Message edited by: BigProbe ]
Darin<BR>93 Probe GT<BR>242hp/256tq (wheel)<BR>Custom Intake<BR>93 Miata LE (#935 of 1500)<BR>102hp/92tq (PHEAR!)<BR>GReddy Catback<P>[This message has be edited by David Coleman (edited February 17, 2001).]
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Why take it off the board? It's a MX3er with a couple of Q's about his car and it would be alot easier just to help him instead of aurgue with him. And don't take out your personal issues on every posts that he makes. <P>Your better off with the ZE unless your gonna add the ZE to the 4WD, and that would be nice but would co$t. I think some one was running around with a link to a 4WD MX-3 page if i see it i'll send it your way. About the tranny, sorry can't help you their.<P>BTW, where in Tacoma are you?<p>[ October 15, 2001: Message edited by: SE-Man ]
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SE-Man:<BR><STRONG>Why take it off the board? It's a MX3er with a couple of Q's about his car and it would be alot easier just to help him instead of aurgue with him. And don't take out your personal issues on every posts that he makes. <P>Your better off with the ZE unless your gonna add the ZE to the 4WD, and that would be nice but would co$t. I think some one was running around with a link to a 4WD MX-3 page if i see it i'll send it your way. About the tranny, sorry can't help you their.<P>BTW, where in Tacoma are you?<BR></STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>They took it off the board cause it was bashing. I applaud them for being mature and doing so. <P>BTW, How do you have a 2.2L?
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

I was wondering the same thing...but i think this might be that person with the 2.5L engine, but with lots of 1.8L parts in it...???????????????? I remember reading something like that somewhere
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

I was not talking about the previous post but the start post that started this page. It just sounded like he was just being rude to furious for a previous post, and he shouldn't try to even the score on everyone of Furious's posts.<P>And as for the 2.2L its a custom engine being made from a new 1.8L block. see my web page for more info. I'm hopeing to get a how-he-did-it from the guy that worked on it for me.
furiousclouds

Post by furiousclouds »

wow.. i'm back a day early from my little excercise. SE, thanks for the info, we definitely need to get together and talk. And thank you for sticking with the topic of my post, your observation of the situation was correct. however i let myself get a little rattled and it took a really bad turn. very unprofessional and unproductive because i got no information from it. i am at madigan on ft. lewis. you can reach me at 8-4200. ask for Spc Wells. Hope to get more info from people soon. thanks guys<P>furious :D :D
furiousclouds

Post by furiousclouds »

yes bri94gs... i do have a lot of 1.8 parts. but the bottom end and heads are klze... only the intake manifold, ecu, and vaf are of the 1.8 kind..oh, i forgot, i used my 1.8 flywheel but that is better than the kl's anyway...its lighter. i just want help with info on ways to make the car fast and different from everyone else out there with just a 2.5L swap. if you have any info it would help... i would particularly like to run turbos(x2) and 4wd. all help is much appreciated. :) <P>thanks<BR>furious
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

Cool, I'm a medic 5-20in. When i get my car runn'n we'll have to swap some stories. I've been looking for that page, it was posted about 3 months ago about the 4wd MX. you might be able e-mail a moderator and ask.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”