Car keeps stalling.... =(

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
Mx3ImPorT

Car keeps stalling.... =(

Post by Mx3ImPorT »

Ok. I own a 92' Mx3 GS. Every once in a while... my car turns evil. It will stall out while rolling slow in neutral.. Can anyone possibly guess what the problem is? Thanks. (PS- its not my driving =))
-Mx3ImPoRt- (Randy R)1<BR>"aim- krazyrr69"
Bri94GS

Re: Car keeps stalling.... =(

Post by Bri94GS »

Distributor...spark plugs...spark plug wires...cap-n-rotor..<P>nopionline.com has all these at decent prices
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
Kim 95' V6 DK

Post by Kim 95' V6 DK »

mine did that too<BR>and that was because of a leak on the hose between engine and airfilter<BR>ps mine was a v6 95'
<I>Why get a car whith more than two doors when your not running a daytime kindergarten</I>
stlantz

Post by stlantz »

Mine did that as well, however my stalling was caused by the EGR valve. It has happened to me twice now. They are expensive to buy new but pretty cheap used if you can find them.
Outofmymindyo1

Post by Outofmymindyo1 »

Maybe it's your idle. Get someone to check the idle on your car. And also get them to check your fuel/air mixture.
Rich MX3

Post by Rich MX3 »

Mine just had the same problem, stalled at stoplights or going real slow. They did a diagnostic and it turned out to be the Air Flow Meter hose assembly. The diagnostic cost me $70 alone, and the part cost $66.62. Part was very easy to install, so install it yourself rather than get charged for labor. So check your Air Flow Meter hose, and if it's cracked than that's your problem. It'll save you the cost of a diagnostic. By the way, these prices are in Canadian dollars and was taken to a Mazda dealership to get the diagnostic done. Cars runs like new! :)
Richard Y.<BR>'94 Black GS<BR>Stock V6, minor mods

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”