Best way to bleed my brakes?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
92RedGS

Best way to bleed my brakes?

Post by 92RedGS »

I recently took my brakes off to paint my calipers and put them back on. I bleed my brakes but i still can't get the brakeing power i had before i took them off. now instead of feeling resistance almost as soon as i touch the pedal i have to push it half way down before i feel any resitance. can any one give me some pionts on how to bleed them corectly.<P>Thanks
92RedGS :)<BR>I'm Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in. Say aren't you the guy from the Village People?
92RedGS

Re: Best way to bleed my brakes?

Post by 92RedGS »

Nevermind, my sister was letting the brake pedal up before i could get the bleeder shut. I have my brakes back now after i explained to her releasing it lets air back in the lines and she needed to hold the pedal down so i could shut the bleeder without letting more air in.
92RedGS :)<BR>I'm Sorry, Officer, I didn't realize my radar detector wasn't plugged in. Say aren't you the guy from the Village People?
lstpier
Supporting Member

Re: Best way to bleed my brakes?

Post by lstpier »

See <A HREF="http://www.speedbleeders.com" TARGET=_blank>www.speedbleeders.com</A> and buy these things. They are cheap and work wonders by letting you bleed your brakes ALONE and right the first time!<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by 92RedGS:<BR><B>Nevermind, my sister was letting the brake pedal up before i could get the bleeder shut. I have my brakes back now after i explained to her releasing it lets air back in the lines and she needed to hold the pedal down so i could shut the bleeder without letting more air in.</B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”