egr valva & intake

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
cardoso

egr valva & intake

Post by cardoso »

my engine light is on i went to get it check out and the guy said it was my egr valva i have a normal k&n intake the egr valva doesent know how much air or how much fuel is going through and it gets all screwed up makeing my engine light come on and its driving me nuts. is it the intake should i just put the stock one back which i dont want to do or is it the valva or is there a way to upgrade my computer so that it knows what is going on i really need some help i want to enjoy the car but theses problems make me mad. thank kevin cardoso owner of 96 mx-3 v6
Bri94GS

Re: egr valva & intake

Post by Bri94GS »

I got a K&N filter too, and my engine light never came on....make sure all your hoses and sensors are connected...maybe your filter is dirty and not allowing any air in???<P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom
cardoso

Post by cardoso »

do you think it has anything to do with the egr valva "o and thanks ill check that out<BR>
Q187

Post by Q187 »

Same thing is happening with my EGR valve. The guy I take it to has ordered one and i'm ganna take it in in the next few days to get it fixed.........
cardoso

Post by cardoso »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Q187:<BR><B>Same thing is happening with my EGR valve. The guy I take it to has ordered one and i'm ganna take it in in the next few days to get it fixed......... </B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Ill try that out i have good felling your right do you have a intake
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

Did you pull any codes?<P>Check the Procedure in chapter F2 of the online shop manual on mx-3.com . It will tell you what is wrong with your car and what course of action to take.<P><P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><A HREF="http://www.wuname.com/cgi-bin/wuname/wuname.pl" TARGET=_blank><B><I>Wu Name</I></B></A>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

my car did the same thing and the problem was that the little hose that used togo to the airbox. i just plugged it up and all of a sudden the light would go on. what u gotta do is mount the hose on the intake tube so it gets that air flo. that should fix it<P>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”