Automatic Souped Up?

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions
DiGiTaL

Re: Automatic Souped Up?

Post by DiGiTaL »

That's nonsense. Just because a car is an automatic doesn't mean you can't make it faster. You can soup it up as much as you want, it'll keep getting faster( just not as fast as it would have been were it a stick shift).
finchuck

Post by finchuck »

that depends on you. to some people, souping up any car isn't worth it. to others, only souping a manual is worth it. and to some people, they'll soup anything. i have an automatic and i enjoy modifying things. just cuz it's not a manual doesn't mean you can't enjoy spending time working on it.
<A HREF="http://www.finchuck.com" TARGET=_blank>Finchuck Online</A>
SE-Man

Post by SE-Man »

The main differance between a auto and a maual tranny is about 5 to 10% HP @ the wheels. Sticks just use less hp. so a auto with the same mods as a stick will still be slightly lower hp. That and you don't have power on demand like a stick.<P>------------------<BR>Thanks,<BR>Teri<BR>'93 MX-3 SE
Boots

Post by Boots »

I don't remember who told me, but i've heard that in some cars, the automatic version is actually faster, and I beleive it.
DiGiTaL

Post by DiGiTaL »

Automatics that have the same power as a manual would be slightly slower because an auto tranny weighs more (slightly) and they shift prior to redline.

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”