Combining Intake With Exhaust

V6 Technical/Performance Discussions

Combining Intake With Exhaust

Post by Guest »

How much of an hp gain would i be looking at if i put both a performance intake and exhaust on my gs?<P>------------------<BR>-------------------------<BR>1992 Mazda Mx-3 GS<BR>Brilliant Black<BR>1.8L DOHC V-6 5 Speed<BR>-------------------------
David Coleman

Re: Combining Intake With Exhaust

Post by David Coleman »

Between 0 and 500hp.<BR>0hp -->K&N filter on VAF and 2" Cherrybomb muffler.<BR>500hp-->Custom turbo setup blowing on the intake, driven by the exhaust Image<P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><I>Why get clear tail lights when only Geo Metros are gonna see them?</I></B>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.

Post by Guest »

well i was actually thinking a dragon intake system w/ a catback exhaust<P>------------------<BR>-------------------------<BR>1992 Mazda Mx-3 GS<BR>Brilliant Black<BR>1.8L DOHC V-6 5 Speed<BR>-------------------------
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

the dragon intake is the biggest piece of trash out there. for the money they give u a filter and a 2 in piece of aluminum piping. ur better off ripping out ur airbox and attaching a k&n cone filter where the box was. itll run u like $50 bucks and works well and sound real nice on hard acceleration.<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
DiGiTaL

Post by DiGiTaL »

Really??? I thought the Dragon intakes were the best available (according to Weapon R).
finchuck

Post by finchuck »

well if you were trying to sell them would you say that they suck
<A HREF="http://www.finchuck.com" TARGET=_blank>Finchuck Online</A>
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

I got a K&N cone and it sounds nice and i can feel a big diff...I'd recommend a heat shield though, because it gets VERY hot, and it's gonna need a lot of cleaning too<P><BR>How are the PRMs? I heard they were the best<P>------------------<BR>~'94 GS
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom

Return to “V6 Technical/Performance”