momo steering wheel but no hORN!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
Runninit

momo steering wheel but no hORN!

Post by Runninit »

hey hows it going evyerone i have a momo steering wheel instaled on my car and the problem is the horn has never worked i dont know if it is jsut not connected or how hard it is to do or maybe the horn jsut is broken! can someone give me some advice , if they have a momo wheel or anyhitng . thanx :)
Mx-3 all the way baby! It aint a girls car thats all i have to say...
992mmx3

Re: momo steering wheel but no hORN!

Post by 992mmx3 »

Take off the steering wheel and make sure its plugged in, also make sure the wire is not being squashed and its being shorted.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
henz94

Post by henz94 »

I have the same problem with my momo steering wheel. The problem is the old wire that attched to the old steering wheel wont fit onto the new hub extension and theirs no where to attached it so it stays in place. To fix this problem i cut a paper clip in half, sodered the horn wire onto it, and pushed the paper cilp inbetween the round metallic part of the wheel and the actual hub. This may sound confusing but when you actually look at it it's simple.<p>Hope that helps, any more questions just ask....
Runninit

Post by Runninit »

Thanx so much for the help and that paperclip idea sounds like it would work but i am sure there has to be a way to do it normall y... so the wire from the old horn donesl t reach u mean? If thats so cant i jsut add another wire onto the exsisting wire? Do you have the momo race wheel? cause thats the one i have. Thanx so much ! i finally realizing that i need my horn more often now and i havent had it for months!! thanx for the help
Mx-3 all the way baby! It aint a girls car thats all i have to say...

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”