CARBON FIBER HOODS FOR REAL!! SERIOUS ONLY!!

This forum is only for posting information pertaining to group buys. (Administrators must give access to group buy organizers before a new group buy is added.) Please contact forums@MX-3.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; to be given access to this forum as only group buy organizers will be allowed to post here once it is set up. MX-3.com holds no responsibility for the validity of any Group Buys that are posted in this forum, so be sure to research who you are dealing with before sending your money.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

CARBON FIBER HOODS FOR REAL!! SERIOUS ONLY!!

Post by cjthor »

Hey fellow mx'ers,<P> I am in contact with a hood supplier in CA and they already have a mold for the mx-3 hoods. I can get them for $425. If you are interested please let me know. I can get them with or without hood scoops. The 425 price is for ten hoods. Please lets get this goin. If I have enough peeps on here I will get a group buy goin. These hoods are top quality and also u can use the OEM hood latches but they say to use hood pins also. Let me know. I will get some more info on the comany for the people that are interested<P>------------------<BR>Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS<BR> 14.62@99.4<BR> Now with NOS
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
MSfreak

Re: CARBON FIBER HOODS FOR REAL!! SERIOUS ONLY!!

Post by MSfreak »

hey man this seems too good-so thats $425 for ten hoods? Maybe I'm not very informed on group buys or somethin-but thats like $50 a hood? Help me out here.<P>------------------<BR>'92BlackBeauty
'92BlackBeauty
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

No, that is $425 each. $4250 for 10 hoods.<P>Let me check my budget and I may be down. I'll keep in touch
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

It is 425 each hood. I have seen the integra and civic hoods and they look sweet. I am gonna see if he will make one for now so i can get some pics or if its ok with you guys i will take some pics of the civic hood. It will be the same quality. Let me know.... <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MSfreak:<BR><B>hey man this seems too good-so thats $425 for ten hoods? Maybe I'm not very informed on group buys or somethin-but thats like $50 a hood? Help me out here.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>------------------<BR>Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS<BR> 14.62@99.4<BR> Now with NOS
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

If possible, take some pix of it <B>UP CLOSE</B>. I've seen some CF hoods, and the weave doesn't look that great... Thanks.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><B>It is 425 each hood. I have seen the integra and civic hoods and they look sweet. I am gonna see if he will make one for now so i can get some pics or if its ok with you guys i will take some pics of the civic hood. It will be the same quality. Let me know.... <P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>------------------<BR>----<BR>Gary Mui ( gary.mui@sinnovations2.com )<BR>Sales Representative<BR>Streamline Innovations 2<BR>Vancouver, BC<BR>604.312.9588<BR><A HREF="http://www.sinnovations2.com" TARGET=_blank>www.sinnovations2.com </A><BR><A HREF="http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com" TARGET=_blank>mx3slimvisors.2ya.com </A>
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
dabudah

Post by dabudah »

Yo, I'm interested, but how much would shipping run (I live in VA)? Also, would the price go down any if there were more than 10 people in on this?
93 GS sitting in my parking lot, god bless blown engines
Brock

Post by Brock »

First, I'm sure everyone would like to know<BR>the manufacturer. Because there are obvious<BR>quality differences between them. Second, who<BR>is collecting the money?? I don't think too<BR>many people are going to send you money.<BR>I investigated a carbon fiber hood group buy<BR>recently and worked out some details with a<BR>manufacturer called BodyKits NorthWest. See<BR>my post in this forum titled "Carbon Fiber<BR>Hoods! $625". I don't know about anyone else<BR>but I would rather pay a premium for a top<BR>quality hood.<P>------------------<BR>-Brock-
-Brock-
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Brock,<BR> I have been in the auto business too long to sell crap. These hoods are top quality and We will be going thru a company called modacar. U can look at integra and civic hoods there. <A HREF="http://www.modacar.com." TARGET=_blank>www.modacar.com.</A> If anyone calls them talk to carrie and tell her that you are working with Jarid Perry on the hoods. I am going there today and taking an up close pic of the hood. The hoods will be 425 plus shipping and if anyone needs a hood scoop please find out the brand. I am in good faith having a hood made first and putting it on my car for demo purposes. The monies will be taken by modacar. Half will be upon ordering and half upon completion. Any questions email me at cjthor@hotmail.com <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Brock:<BR><B>First, I'm sure everyone would like to know<BR>the manufacturer. Because there are obvious<BR>quality differences between them. Second, who<BR>is collecting the money?? I don't think too<BR>many people are going to send you money.<BR>I investigated a carbon fiber hood group buy<BR>recently and worked out some details with a<BR>manufacturer called BodyKits NorthWest. See<BR>my post in this forum titled "Carbon Fiber<BR>Hoods! $625". I don't know about anyone else<BR>but I would rather pay a premium for a top<BR>quality hood.<P></B><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><P>------------------<BR>Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS<BR> 14.62@99.4<BR> Now with NOS
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

[Hey guys,<P> Ready for some pics? These are only samples of the quality. You can get red, blue, or black. Hood scoops are also available. I will hopefully have a protohood by next friday..... <A HREF="http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mazdamx-3 ... R%20HOODS/" TARGET=_blank>http://groups.yahoo.com/group/mazdamx-3 ... 0HOODS/</A> <P>QUOTE]Originally posted by cjthor:<BR><B>Hey fellow mx'ers,<P> I am in contact with a hood supplier in CA and they already have a mold for the mx-3 hoods. I can get them for $425. If you are interested please let me know. I can get them with or without hood scoops. The 425 price is for ten hoods. Please lets get this goin. If I have enough peeps on here I will get a group buy goin. These hoods are top quality and also u can use the OEM hood latches but they say to use hood pins also. Let me know. I will get some more info on the comany for the people that are interested<P></B>[/QUOTE]<P><P>------------------<BR>Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS<BR> 14.62@99.4<BR> Now with NOS
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

ok guys,<P> I need to start a list with names and email addy's. Shipping is gonna be about 140 because it has to go by truck unless you think you can get it shipped cheaper. The hood will weigh about 12 pounds. SERIOUS BUYERS ONLY PLEASE REPLY AND GIVE ME AN EMAIL ADDRESS! I am compiling a list and need definate buyers only! NO BS!!<P>------------------<BR>Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS<BR> 14.62@99.4<BR> Now with NOS
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
DiGiTaL

Post by DiGiTaL »

Can you post another picture I can't see the one you justed linked to because I am not registered with them ( I guess). And I don't want to join the mailing list just to see a picture.
David Coleman

Post by David Coleman »

As per request, moved to the Group Buys forum.<P>All further updates will be there.<P>------------------<BR>David Coleman- <B><I>Moderator</B></I><BR><A HREF="http://www.PinkMX-3.com" TARGET=_blank>1993 Mazda MX-3 GS Special Edition</A><BR><B><A HREF="http://www.highlandsun.com/hyc/sae920677/" TARGET=_blank><I>V6 engine info</I></A> | <A HREF="http://www.bradbury.cwc.net/probemx/index.htm" TARGET=_blank>KL FAQ</A> | <I><A HREF="http://www.brownsword.ca/Probe.html" TARGET=_blank>ECU reprogramming</A></I> | <A HREF="http://members.home.net/tekguy/" TARGET=_blank>K series Image cache</A> | <I><A HREF="http://archive.probetalk.com/cgi-bin/se ... tion=intro" TARGET=_blank>Probetalk Archive Search</A></I></B>
David Coleman
I used to know alot about MX-3's, but not so much anymore. Oh well.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

Hey guys,<BR> A little update. I am gonna go pick up the prototype hood on Friday. On that day I would like to let the guys at west coast carbon fiber how many hoods i am gonna need. IT IS VERY IMPORTANT TO EMAIL ME IF YOU WANT ONE!!! I have two people that are interested only. If there are more of you I neeeeed to know. Please email me at cjthor@hotmail.com...<P>------------------<BR>Jarid Perry<BR> 94 Blaze Red RS<BR> 14.62@99.4<BR> Now with NOS
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

FINALLY!! I finally had enough money to get the mold made for the hoods. They are in R&D right now trying to actually make the hood. It should be about two to three weeks now. As soon as the first one is complete I am going to go get one installed on my car and will take some pics. If anyone is still interested please email me at cjthor@hotmail.com
Jarid Perry
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)

Return to “Parts Group Buys”