help/opinions needed for sound system

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
justintoxicated

help/opinions needed for sound system

Post by justintoxicated »

i am going to be installing a new stereo system in my mx-3 this weekend, i am real excited about it and had some questions concerning the setup and would like some opinions...ok so i got everything really cheap, so it is not all the highest quality but i hope it can sound good...my buddy sold me a pair of 6' kicker midrange speakers and a pair of tweeters, and crossovers for them, with a 80 watt redondo (or something like that) amplifier. i got all that for 100 bucks...also at a thrift store near my house i found a 100 watt jensen amp for 30 bucks and a pair of ultimate looks to be 12' speakers ($50) in a box with 2 bass ports on the top and possibly a horn or something in the top next to the bass ports...are these subswoofers? or are they some sort of combination speaker??? any ideas?? anyway, im gonna be using the 80 watt amp which has 4 outputs to drive the midrange and tweeters (using the crossovers) which will be installed into my doors. also remaining 2 outputs to power 2 infinity 6' midrange tweeter combo speakers in the back i installed...i am gonna use the jensen 100 watt amp to drive either one or both of those ultimate subwoofer speakers in the hatch...the amp is bridgeable so i may use it to only drive one of the speakers to get more power to just one...any suggestions on this...im not sure exactly what would be the best setup...i hooked those ultimate speakers up to my stereo in my house and they sounded good, but not like alot of bass...is this because they are universal speakers and not subs? also...is there a way to hook up the sub so it only recieves the low frequencies from the pioneer head unit i have? how do you think this setup will sound? thanks for reading, any help, ideas will be apreciated... :2thumbsup:
Got Rice? You do!
justintoxicated

Re: help/opinions needed for sound system

Post by justintoxicated »

im sorry the ultimate subs are 10' and the horn is a built in tweeter...any help?
Got Rice? You do!
Acamori

Re: help/opinions needed for sound system

Post by Acamori »

if you really want the subs to have nothing but base you have to have some sort of crossover. some amps have them built in, some don't. i'd be wary about such low prices but it could work. there aren't a lot of 10" speakers that aren't subs. the enclosed space of a car will sound drastically different then the openess of a house, with or without a box. as for power distribution, i'd just say to try the non bridged in the car, then try it bridged to see which you think sounds better. it'll probably depend on the box on that point really (single chamber, dual chamber, right ports, etc.)
good luck
1/4 complete system---->carstereo.com

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”