hey whats the top speed of a mx3

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
natural born honda killer

Re: hey whats the top speed of a mx3

Post by natural born honda killer »

well i think my speedo is off but with my bpt and the pro lx tranny i couldnt get past 118 or so but i think its probly 10-15 mph off at that high of speed. its only off a little at lower speeds. i dunno but it was fun :)
jeremy cline
95 MX-3 RS
The only BPT GTR MX-3 in Texas!!!

man iraq sucks!!!
lazzyie

Post by lazzyie »

140 downhill 130 uphill, klze swap :)
93 Mx-3 GS klze swapped(sold)
96 Integra LS DD
91 Crx Si drag car
2.0L sleeved gsr block, forged internals, skunk2 valvetrain, HP racing intake manifold, Holset H1 turbo, 1000cc injectors, short geared lsd transmission, 3" turboback exhaust. 20 psi :)
saiyajin

Post by saiyajin »

140????? im sorry now way 140 mph, what kind of engine do u have? fuk that as soon as I got near a 100 the damn thing felt like it was gonna fall apart
jdogsd1

Post by jdogsd1 »

whaen i got up to 120 the ride only got smother it was great but driging that fast is some scarry sh*t. dont think ill do it unless im on a track dont want a ticket or my car impounded lol
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

hey i have a 95 rs and i was doing 138mph through the sky-way by chicago at midnight and she still wanted to go faster.
thebonestockkid

Post by thebonestockkid »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nate Dog:
hey i have a 95 rs and i was doing 138mph through the sky-way by chicago at midnight and she still wanted to go faster.<hr></blockquote><p>
^Heheh^ ok lol.<p>yep there was a topic regarding the top speed of our cars just a while back.. and more before that lol... ive got mine up to 192 kph (V6) maybe it could have pushed 200 even, but it would have taken like 3 years to get there.. i think thats about 120 mph or a little above, as for 138 -->>MPH<<--.... well, are your fenders rolled with 24" inch rims, going down a 45 + degree hill at the time? :D<p>[ January 29, 2003: Message edited by: thebonestockkid ]</p>
Image'97 Grenada black pearl Acura EL, JDM B18C 98spec ITR Swap. Power in Control full coilovers going in next spring. Not to mention a most unusual whining noise... coming soon.

'92 Intense blue pearl Jeep YJ, OME lift, mudders, fun.

R.I.P.
'93 Clear white GS-DE ~14.648@92.98mph, 2.234 60ft. PARTING OUT PM ME.
MX-3 Ricer

Post by MX-3 Ricer »

This is a funny topic, Because no one wants to think some one is faster then them. I have had my SOHC crusing down the freeway doing 135mph I didn't even notice it at first because it was running so smooth. And the fact is not all engines are created equal and some mods work better then others. Also remember that any electronics running will steal power from your engine. My 1000watt amp reduces my topend about 12mph if i'm blasting it.
sep42

Post by sep42 »

Don't forget your speedometer will be off if you don't have 15" wheels! and it gets more off the faster you go!
Maybe this thread would make more sense if it was limited to STOCK versions only!
http://www.nerdinthebox.com <- cheap domains, web hosting and other network services.
reSa

Post by reSa »

to answer the question about knowing whether you have a single overhead cam or a dual overhead cam just open your hood and check your engine. it should say either SOHC or DOHC. easy...
like PIEEEeeeeee. :p
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

[
I highly doubt anyone who says they got their stock 92-93 SOHC above 105 mph. The aerodynamic Drag is too great and its pretty much mathematically impossible.<p>See my car @Perrys' Car[/QB][/QUOTE]<p>SOHC, completely stock, weight reduction, on 195/15/50 81t bridgestone potenza's= 112mph with a witness in the passenger seat.
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
TedLeeper

Post by TedLeeper »

You guys are fu*kin nuts!, i've never taken my 95 rs past 100 but my bro claims he hit 125 in it. when ever i take it past 70 it gets really shaky and feels like im gonna lose control. I once took my old lebaron up to 120 but even that felt like it wanted to leave the ground, and it weighs 571 lbs then my mx3. be careful guys.
Hmm. what to do now..
....maybe a VTEC for lunch.
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Ive hit 127 in my RS. But I backed out...
about 125K miles ago :)
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

my car was very smooth going that fast, it just couldn't go any faster, I think the tires had a lot too do with how smooth it was, plus almost no wind, and i was kinda going downhill, with intake i probably could've gone a little faster, maybe 113mph instead of 112, hehe. :p
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
markV6

Post by markV6 »

I easily get 120 / 130 outta my 1.8 v6! But i need to go faster so show me the turbo and nos!!!
kuruption1983

Post by kuruption1983 »

215 KM/h down highway 407 (its a brand new concrete highway with good traction) in toronto, no wind nothing and i had a smashed up door with no window, was just crazy that night after mx3 meet,,,, :D :D
stock MX3 GS manual, stock engine with no maintenance for a year,,, :D :p

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”