Extra LED’s

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
BEERDDWR

Extra LED’s

Post by BEERDDWR »

Hey guy’s I was wondering how meny LED’s you can hook up to the out put of your alarm? I want to add two high out put ones in the door and wondered if I needed to use a transistor/ relay so the alarm brain is not powering all 3 LED’s.
THX

P.s. My alarm is a Marksman
96 RS DOHC
75 shot zex kit
Ebay Intake and cat back exhaust
n_o_s_21

Re: Extra LED’s

Post by n_o_s_21 »

go to london drugs, visions, beamriders, etc, but the packaged leds(various colors avail) and install them. they come with resistors already built in, and are super bright. you can run quite a few off that output wire as leds take f*** all power to run. my buddy has 4 leds off his output wire, no problems at all.
BEERDDWR

Post by BEERDDWR »

OK here’s the thing tho the output of the brain is switched from 1.3 or so and 0 so I can’t use any LED’s with resistors. Unfortunately the ones I have installed have resisters in them and due to an alternate function the LED’s also serve the resistors need to stay there. So if anyone knows of a transistor that’s triggered @ 1.3 volts but switches 12v that’d be cool
96 RS DOHC
75 shot zex kit
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

So what kind of led do u have with the alarm now? it has to have a built in resitor in it. I really can't see the issue, cause when I changed my alarm led, I had no issues off the led output. Would like to help you out, but I gotta work straight thru the weekend.... Perhaps if you are not in too much of a rush, You could swing by next week and we can figure it out together?? Get me back,

Will
n_o_s_21

Post by n_o_s_21 »

Oh yeah, those leds I was talking about from the store have a small chip board inline so you can use them with or without an alarm system... they are hooked to the igition, constant and a ground and when the key is off, they will flash, when the key is on, they stop flashing.
lakersfan1

Post by lakersfan1 »

Originally posted by BOWSER:
So if anyone knows of a transistor that’s triggered @ 1.3 volts but switches 12v that’d be cool
Do you mean a relay? And are you sure it's 1.3 volts, and not 1.3 amps? It's wierd to have the voltage altered on an output.
mazda_stud

Post by mazda_stud »

go get some varad hyper led's like $10.00 piece and have a built in transformer that works on your ground out will armed output (starter Kill)
LIFE IS A HIGHWAY I WANT TO DRIVE IT ALL NIGHT LONG!
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Dude don't attach any other leads to the alarm brain's led output!!! Because it's not fused!!! if you short it, it's done. End of story.

Here's a better way. Get those leads with the resistor already inline(varad or farad or something) .Connect the +positive end to +12volts constant(remember to fuse the line (one amp). Then connect the negative end to the ignition wire. Voila, when you remove your key you now have an led that is on.
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

the correct way to do this is like you said with a transistor...

Pretty straight forward stuff,you only need 4 components not counting your LED/LED's,The most important one is something called a IC-protector (This should have the value of about 25mA) and is the fuse that will keep your alarm from dying if you short out the LED outputwire :)
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies
BEERDDWR

Post by BEERDDWR »

Thx man I was waiting for a post like that :froggie_red:

That's all i needed :froggie_red:
96 RS DOHC
75 shot zex kit
BEERDDWR

Post by BEERDDWR »

Thx man I was waiting for a post like that :froggie_red:

That's all i needed :froggie_red:
96 RS DOHC
75 shot zex kit
DJsMX-3

Post by DJsMX-3 »

Youre welcome :)
1992 MX-3 V6 Z1 Arbet VIII 17 x 8" -35mm Proracing Springs on KYB Sports, Corksport Strutbars, Brembo Cross Drilled & Slotted, Goodridge SS Brakelines, Corksport SS Clutchline, Mazdaspeed Enginemounts & Front arm bushings, All SRD bushings in shifterlinkage and cross member, Pacesetter Shortshifter, KN Conefilter, Custom SS Exhaust, Stereo Oldschool Goodies Denon & Phoenix Gold, Boston Pro & Cerwin Vega and lots of other small goodies

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”