Car alarm

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
RideLoudAndFast

Car alarm

Post by RideLoudAndFast »

Hey just wondering if anyone has installed their own alarm system or if most have gotten it pro installed? cuz im on a tight budget and i really have the extra $$$ to have it pro installed.. im going to be getting this alarm Here .... any tips on how to go about intsalling it would be great..

Thx, Ryan
Talon_66

Re: Car alarm

Post by Talon_66 »

Just get a shop manual, so that u know what all the wires do. U should be fine.
93 GS, KLZE, KL31 ECU, Centerforce Stg 3 Clutch, 2.25" Exhaust w/Flowmaster muffler, OBX Headers, Pheno Spacers, Front & rear X-drilled/slotted Rotors, KVR pads, SS brake & clutch lines, Ractive Filter, H&R Springs, Tokico Blue Struts, 8mm Accel Wires, MSD 6A w/ Blaster 2 Coil, HVAC Indiglo Panel. *Sold*
06 Eclipse GT *Sold*
08 Evo X GSR *Current*
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

You can go to www.icdynamics.com (when the site is up) and get the wiring diagram for our cars.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
Typhoonk

Post by Typhoonk »

Hi; I installed my own remote start/alarm system. Kinda like the one u are thinking of getting.

The Mx-3 is simple enough to install an alarm system in. But remote starts, thats when you get into some problems. I've had guys come into my shop with self installed remote starts - chopped ignition harnesses (should never have to cut any wire - except if you want starter kill), no fuses, wires that caught on fire and so on.

To install an alarm/remote starter combo in an mx-3 I usually charge $150, but to fix an install of something like the above, it shoots up to about $500 dollars plus any parts I have to replace.

So If you can afford it - get a shop to do it that has a lifetime Guarantee on the install. Well worth it. Unless you do have experience then ignore what i said.....

either way play it safe and treat your mx-3 like a lady

<small>[ April 06, 2004, 12:27 AM: Message edited by: Typhoonk ]</small>
-------------------------------------------------------
Got to sell one of my cars to cover the bills
2002 Mazda Protege 5 - Manual, Blue colour fully loaded
PM for info

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”