amp

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
steven

amp

Post by steven »

were is a good place to mount my amp? i was thinking to put it on the seat but my amp dosent have any mounted brakets so i can put it on the seat?
pipes

Re: amp

Post by pipes »

Depends if you want to see them.. I have a 4 channel mounted under my driver seat and a 2 channel mounted under the passenger seat.. I like to keep it nice and clean and still have a boot!
steven

Post by steven »

hey can u show me a pic?
pipes

Post by pipes »

I possibly could but It would require me reoving my seats..

Trust me on this Take your seats out of your car if you are going to wire anything up.. it is alot easier...

All you need to do is run Your 4 guage power for you amps from the battery, under your carpet and to where the amp will sit..
Ground your amp to the seat bolt.
run RCA's from your deck to the amps then run some good uality speaker cable back to your speakers..
If you remove your seats man you will see that there is a fair bit of space under there.. Just get a airly good quality amp that is not HUGE!

Good luck.. If you really need.. I doubt you should though ask again later!
Good luck
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

that's a fairly small area to work w/ (under the seats) and there's also very little room for ventiliation. It's not usually recommended to put amps down there.

What amps do you have that don't have mounting brackets? I thought every amp had some type of mounting bracket on it.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
Sam Baker

Post by Sam Baker »

i have my 4 channel amp under the passenger seat as well.. seems to work fine actually! i put cardboard under it, and theres about 1-2" room above it. as far as adjusting goes, i pretty much set it to how i liked it first and then left it there. :p haha if u need a pic check out the "audio" page on my site. good luck!
~ sam
92 Autozam AZ3
steven

Post by steven »

i have a crunch amp

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”