150db

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
bulldog131775

150db

Post by bulldog131775 »

ok i just wanted everyone here that posts that if they need help with there stereos that i can answer any question the should have. not trying to sound arrogant just trying to be helpfull. I recently bought an mx3 and i own a stereo shop so i know what im doing also if anyone lives in wyoming i would be glad to meet another mx3 owner. OK now the fun part!! my system includes 4 12 inch L7 solo's, 1 3000 watt ultra linear amp, a stinger sp1000 for second battery o gauge power and ground wire, 1 5 farad stinger super cap, 1 kicker eq, 2 kicker 6 1\2 in front doors, 2 kicker 6X9 custome made in back seat area, alpine head unite dvd player by farenheit very good brand and very cheap, stinger rca's and many neons in car and green under car. next step is to rino line the inside to give better seal and help with road noise and rust prevention. Yes i do hit over 150db. have much more stuff but cant remember alll of it. If anyone has questions just ask.
pickinganame

Re: 150db

Post by pickinganame »

okay i recently bought a 6304 mtx amp and was woundering will that push 2 alpines type r 10 nicely in a ported box just woundering b/c i got the amp for 80 bucks couldnt pass it up :)
bulldog131775

Post by bulldog131775 »

it should do nicely but if i were u i would find some other subs cuz those have bad habbits of melting coils i have some and they suck
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

nothin wrong with type r subs, not good for spl but they work good for everyday and i have pushed 1000w rms to 2 12s and they handles it fine. distortion may have melted the coils...just an idea
koreanmx-er

Post by koreanmx-er »

ive got 2 10in audiobahn aw1000q and need a new amp but only have about 160 bux what is the best amp i can get for this money or anyother suggestions for this matter thanx
sold the mx-3 , bought 04 gtp comp g , from the smallest v6 to one of the biggest 3800 s/c FTW
Wildman640

Post by Wildman640 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by mzdspd:
nothin wrong with type r subs, not good for spl but they work good for everyday and i have pushed 1000w rms to 2 12s and they handles it fine. distortion may have melted the coils...just an idea<hr></blockquote><p>i use a 15" type r for spl competitions. i have no complaints about the sub.
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

for $160 u might be bale to get a boss 1000d or lanzer 1000d which will do pretty good with those subs. not the best but the best for the $$
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by slow one:
ok i just wanted everyone here that posts that if they need help with there stereos that i can answer any question the should have. not trying to sound arrogant just trying to be helpfull. I recently bought an mx3 and i own a stereo shop so i know what im doing also if anyone lives in wyoming i would be glad to meet another mx3 owner. OK now the fun part!! my system includes 4 12 inch L7 solo's, 1 3000 watt ultra linear amp, a stinger sp1000 for second battery o gauge power and ground wire, 1 5 farad stinger super cap, 1 kicker eq, 2 kicker 6 1\2 in front doors, 2 kicker 6X9 custome made in back seat area, alpine head unite dvd player by farenheit very good brand and very cheap, stinger rca's and many neons in car and green under car. next step is to rino line the inside to give better seal and help with road noise and rust prevention. Yes i do hit over 150db. have much more stuff but cant remember alll of it. If anyone has questions just ask.<hr></blockquote><p>Do you have an exact score? And what style metering was it, etc. Pics of the box? I think you were on sounddomain, but I can't find the page anymore! It looked hella sweet though. I had 4 12" L5s in my car on a MMATS D300HC, and it was my favorite setup EVER!
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
bulldog131775

Post by bulldog131775 »

my score was 151.7, i dont know what brand the reader was it was last year but we have another comp in june hopefully ill kick some butt this time. I went to a different box its alot smaller and its sealed so we wil see, I will put some pics up of the cars we run when its all over. As far as being on sound domain i dont believe i was ever on there
synap
Supporting Member

Post by synap »

Hey I was thinking about getting some Pheonix Gold OCTANE-R 10/10d's .
PIC<p>Any thoughts??
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by slow one:
my score was 151.7, i dont know what brand the reader was it was last year but we have another comp in june hopefully ill kick some butt this time. I went to a different box its alot smaller and its sealed so we wil see, I will put some pics up of the cars we run when its all over. As far as being on sound domain i dont believe i was ever on there<hr></blockquote><p>hmm, well then there is someone floating around here w/ a similiar setup... 4 L7s... but I think they were 15s. Keep us/me posted on your scores.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

That sounds sweet. If i wasn't going for a family car i'd go for big and bad. I need something that can hold a child and grocerys. I might put up to 4 12's fiberglassed into a customer hatch cover. 2 12's will be my start.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”