A new idea for car alarms..

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
mx3man83

A new idea for car alarms..

Post by mx3man83 »

I was about to put my subs and amps back in today when i got to thinking...most stereo's are stolen at night time, at least here in tucson...Well, wouldn't it be smart to wire in an extremely bright light that flashes?? i can't think of the name right now...but kind of like a strobe light..have it inside your car, so if someone is in there trying to steal your stuff, they get a higih dose of really bright light..just a thought, any ideas or feedback?? Also one more thing... a very high pitched siren on the inside of your car...
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
HRO

Re: A new idea for car alarms..

Post by HRO »

You can buy high pitched sirens for inside your car, I have 2, they are called pain generators.
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

sweet, where did you get them?? i figured these ideas were already thought of but ive never heard of them before..
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
HRO

Post by HRO »

Go to DEI.com then click on "Viper" then on "Accessories" then on "Sirens and Voice Modules" and there you are. Sorry the site is done with frames, so I couldn't just post the link.<p>[ April 11, 2003: Message edited by: mx3vs ]</p>
My Cardomain Site<p>Image<p> FBSS Air suspension, 12 gallon tank, viair 450 comp
sheller

Post by sheller »

You could also get something that is called a Tripwire. I don't have the link with me though. Think of one of those little poppers you get for the 4th of July or New Years that you pull the sting on to get them to pop. Now picture it with a blank 12 guage shell. :) hehe If they get into your car and you have one of these babies hooked up to the back, they'll be in for a nasty shock when they try and yank the stereo. lol You could probably follow the trail of pee back to their house and find out who did it.
Steve
992mmx3

Post by 992mmx3 »

ultimate james bond car alarm (sorry off topic) Allow the suspect to enter the car, now he becomes the victim, muuuahahahaha. The bullet proof windows shut, the doors lock automatically. A keycard reader pops up and asks for you key fob, if you do not present it within 1 min. poisonous gases will then shoot into the car through the air vents. The victim dies, the car sucks out all the poisonous gases, breaks down chemicals, and then the roof opens and ejects the now dead victim away from the scene. :D
-Mark Lathrop
1992 MX-3 RS-T
B6T with some goodies

"...I told those fudgepackers I liked Michael Bolton's music..."
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

I like the alarm in the guinis(sp?) book for most expensive alarm. Its on some million dollar car in Europe. It has flam throwers on the sides of the car. You try breaking in and get torched!
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

. <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by codyhoover:
I like the alarm in the guinis(sp?) book for most expensive alarm. Its on some million dollar car in Europe. It has flam throwers on the sides of the car. You try breaking in and get torched!<hr></blockquote><p>ya i saw that on some tv show a couple years ago. i may be wrong, but i think it was on a BMW<p>lol imagine u try to open ur car one day without turning ur alarm off lol , ud have to go back and change ur pants cuz they would be burnt to a crisp :)
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

I've got Whelen Police strobes. And I can guarantee you they will be hooked up to my alarm. That plus my dual air horn that metered at 130dB, no one will be staying around long.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
azmtbkr81

Post by azmtbkr81 »

In South Africa it is legal to booby trap your car, I saw a show where one guy who had a Mercedes had a big spring loaded blade that swings out and chops you legs off at the shin if you try to break in. <p>I thought about rigging somthing to my old sub box (before it was stolen) that if you tried to remove it a cloud of pepper spray would be released.
'94 Blaze Red RS<P>I may not have a lot of horsepower but I know how to use it!
curtklze

Post by curtklze »

whats so hard about cut and paste? :shrug: <p>http://www.directed.com/security/access/siren.asp<p>[ April 13, 2003: Message edited by: curtklze ]</p>
DONT SHIP WITH UPS!!! DIE UPS DIE!!!!!
Yes, I AM a bastard
Here is my web site, I made this last year but didnt feel like shareing it untill now.
http://members.rogers.com/curts-klze/

How does this guy know so much?
He's a licenced BMW technician.
HRO

Post by HRO »

The DEI website uses frames, and the bar always says [url=http://www.dei.com,]www.dei.com,[/url] so thus you can't cut and paste it. Thanks for pointing that out
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I still like the car security device that is on one of the Naked Gun movies where that claw grabs the dood's nuts. Classic.<p>BTW, you can pick up those 130dB high tone sirens and the strobes at www.PartsExpress.com
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
ryanlindenberg

Post by ryanlindenberg »

maybe you could hook up the alarm to the stereo some how and have the speakers go up to full volume with a high pitched sound.
CARDOMAIN WITH UPDATED PICS
"There are 2 kinds of pedestrians, the quick and the dead."

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”