wife's new speakers

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
RanMan

wife's new speakers

Post by RanMan »

I have to get an amp for her car, but check out the pics of the box we had made. We wanted to have something that is durable and does not take away the cargo area...so that is why we went with this design.<p>Image<p>Image<p>Image
RanMan

Re: wife's new speakers

Post by RanMan »

Oh yeah....for more pics, go to my imagestation site.<p>http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291128029
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

looks very nice... the only thing I see that might be wierd later on is the bars over the subs. I doubt they keep much out.<p>But I like the floor -- looks very nice and very tight fitting (the way it should be).
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

looks really good, nice idea. i guess no spare tire for ur wife? like i said i like the idea but, im not a fan of being able to see the actual neon light, i like seeing the haze from the light but having the light somewat hidden. jsut my opinion :shrug: but ya overall i like it, but the most important thing is if she likes it, if she does than thats all that matters
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
RanMan

Post by RanMan »

We went with bars because plexiglass would get scratched with the everyday uses it gets....stroller, groceries, etc. My design originally did have plexi, but they talked me out of it because it would get messed up....I'm sure they are right. As far as the neon light....I dont really like where it is located, but I cant see any other place they could have placed it....and have it still light up everything in the box. It is cool though...looks great at night....and it is hooked up to turn on when the hatch is opened. As far as the spare....we have had the car over 4 years and have only used it once....and that was while it was sitting in our garage....plus, the spare was flat anyways....so it was not doing us any good.
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

yah I do agree that it would have been VERY easy for them to build a ledge (closest side to the tail lights) that housed the neon light so it shines down. You'd ahve the effect of the box lightning, but not the hatch being lit. But I HATE seeing tubes. :shrug:
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”