In-car MP3 computer system and more...

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
MP3Guy

In-car MP3 computer system and more...

Post by MP3Guy »

Hey All,
I owned a 1992 Blaze Red MX-3 GS back in the day, and had installed a large stereo/computer system into it. I had also made a website for it... MP3Guy.net, but when the car was broken into and everything was stolen, I let the site registration lapse. I have now archived that old site on my new site for you to get ideas and such. If you have any questions, feel free to email me. <p>Roger (mp3@CapitalAudi.com)<p>P.S. Some of the external links on the website will not work due to them being about 3 years old.<p>MP3Guy.net<p>Image
-1999.5 Light Silver Metallic Audi A4 1.8TQM with Onyx
-1993 Crystal Silver Audi 90CS 2.8MX
Wildman640

Re: In-car MP3 computer system and more...

Post by Wildman640 »

that is awesome. I know there are a few on here that are going to be installing a computer in there car, and your site will give them plenty of tips.
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

Why not just install a in dash DVD/VCD/MP3 Player?
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

storage, GPS, its custom, and sometimes cheaper.
YOu can play games on a PC, cant on that.
MP3Guy

Post by MP3Guy »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kick @#$ Mazda:
Why not just install a in dash DVD/VCD/MP3 Player?<hr></blockquote><p>Youngin :) This was installed 3 years ago... there were no Car MP3 players on the market.
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Custommx3:
YOu can play games on a PC, cant on that.<hr></blockquote><p>FUnny thing is that i bought a runble USB gampad from work yesterday to use in the carpc (i forgot to get it before i left work at close on saturday for the Mx-3 meet on sunday, and were closed sunday), i sat in the parking lot playing Test Drive 5 for a good half an hour, i wanted to try Hot Putsuit 2 but the jewel case with the cd key was at home...<p>MP3Guy, what LCD is that? it seems to display a good resolution for a small monitor, most i've seem that are 5" are like 248x123 or something stupid like that. My CarPC pics are at [url=http://www.nd4spdse.net,]http://www.nd4spdse.net,[/url] if you havent seme them yet<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Custommx3:
storage, GPS, its custom, and sometimes cheaper.<hr></blockquote><p>Sometimes ;)<p>[ March 25, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</p>
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
MP3Guy

Post by MP3Guy »

The LCD Screen is a 5.6" Pioneer AVD-505... as listed on the site... It's the only thing left from the stereo, since it's detachable... Haven't decided what to do with it... Any offers?<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nd4SpdSe:

MP3Guy, what LCD is that? it seems to display a good resolution for a small monitor, most i've seem that are 5" are like 248x123 or something stupid like that. My
CarPC pics are at [url=http://www.nd4spdse.net,]http://www.nd4spdse.net,[/url] if you havent seme them yet<p>[ March 25, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]
<hr></blockquote>
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

Thank you very much for posting that up mp3guy. I'm getting more and more ideas every day. Do you have AIM? I'm curious how you stripped down Windows. If you can get on AOL or email me at brandonkahre@charter.net I'm sure I'll have more questions soon :D !<p>thx again!
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Hmm, i havent checked out the side cause im at work, and last post i did was actually in my carpc at a local wifi hotspot in between school and work on my way to work from school, im interested, ill look into it and maybe post an offer, however if anyone else is interested in it, ill step aside since i dont need it, but will have a use for it sometime late summer, and i know others on the board are anxious to get their CarPC's up and running ;) <p>BumpNGlow, these might help ya ouy:
http://www.theinquirer.net/?article=8351<p>http://www.wimborne.org/richard/techstuff/windows31_on_a_floppy/
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
MP3Guy

Post by MP3Guy »

My AIM is MtnBikn2k...<p> <blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by BumpNGlow:
Do you have AIM? I'm curious how you stripped down Windows. If you can get on AOL or email me at brandonkahre@charter.net I'm sure I'll have more questions soon :D !<p>thx again!<hr></blockquote>
mazda20

Post by mazda20 »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Custommx3:
storage, GPS, its custom, and sometimes cheaper.
YOu can play games on a PC, cant on that.
<hr></blockquote><p>Well its definitely custom, but I would think that a small laptop would be the way to go. You could detach the screen and extend the wires and decrese the space by a third. A nice laptop could can be purchased on ebay for nearly nothing now a days.
94 Mazda MX-3 BPT Custom Intake/Exhaust T3/T4, 51mm BOV, Tial WG, 2.5" Piping, 880cc Inj, Godspeed Intercooler, TEC II
My MX-3 Website
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by Custommx3 »

Heres what Im using<p>6.6inches X 6.6 inches.Image
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Kick @#$ Mazda:
<p>Well its definitely custom, but I would think that a small laptop would be the way to go. You could detach the screen and extend the wires and decrese the space by a third. A nice laptop could can be purchased on ebay for nearly nothing now a days.<hr></blockquote><p>HAHAHA, your kidding right? The second time i opening a laptop it cost me $600. Unless you know EXACTLY what you are doing, i recommend stay away from that idea.<p>Besides, the cables for the lcd are small and wont widthstand any tension, delicate and hard to work with, and who know the side effects of extending a wire a few metres that is usually no more than an inch long.<p>As for performance of a cheep laptop, it depends on what you are doing. Me i like good performance and upgradability, i've changed the video, sound, hard drive, cd, cpu and memory in the 5 months that its been in my car, i upgrade and move parts around<p>besides, can an El Cheepo laptop do this:
(Thats Need For Speed 6:Hot Pursuit 2, BTW)<p>[ March 26, 2003: Message edited by: Nd4SpdSe ]</p>
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

Here's some pics that i took today<p>http://www.nd4spdse.net/carpc/second.html
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

definately looking nicer.<p>Do passenger's complain about the monitor being there?
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”