got receiver what now?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
bigluke

got receiver what now?

Post by bigluke »

What do i need to hook it up? can i use all the old wires or will i need to buy all new ones?
Dont let anyone tell u u cant run subs off of your head unit,(temporarily that is) all u need is a big box :) <p>-Luke
Sonicxtacy02

Re: got receiver what now?

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

buy the wiring harness for your car. Beat the hell out of the stock deck to get it out of the car, then follow the instructions that came with the manual.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
sheller

Post by sheller »

Yeah, I agree. Buy one of the wiring harnesses for your car. It should cost $10-15 and it is well worth the price. You should be able to wire that to your receiver while watching tv or something and then the only issue when you get out to your car is taking out the stock radio. Other than that it will take 5 minutes.<p>Steve
bigluke

Post by bigluke »

well i did beat the hell out of my setero and it dint come out :( , so i finally took the damn dash apart and all i had to do was push in the top of the stereo and it came out like a charm, but this is after abt 1hr of trying to rip it out. I have the pulg that goes into the back of the cd player, but how do i connect that to the stock one that is totaly different. will i have to cut and hook up the wires? plz respond quickly , my car is half taken apart on my drive way and i dono what i should do. tnks
Dont let anyone tell u u cant run subs off of your head unit,(temporarily that is) all u need is a big box :) <p>-Luke
bigluke

Post by bigluke »

plz what do i do, should i cut those other wires and attach the new ones to the appropriate ones, or is there an adapter that will do that for me?
sheller

Post by sheller »

There is an adapter that should hook into the stock harness. Go to your local stereo place and buy it. It should be $10-15.
Steve
bigluke

Post by bigluke »

a friend who has done this in the past has told me just to find out what the wires do and slice the stock harness off and connect the wires. I think thats what ill do. What do u think? i know one of these posts had on them what each wire is, anyone know?
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

go to a stereo place or wal mart and get the adaptor trust me it will save u a lot of headaches
bigluke

Post by bigluke »

i just cut the wires and it worked :) im so happy, but when i was puttin it in the left front speaker got disconnected so i have to rip apart the dash and fix it tomorow, i appreciate all ur help guys, its installed and im loving it.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”