rit it out?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
bigluke

rit it out?

Post by bigluke »

i removed mystock stereo with the u shaped wires i made. then i went to pull out the stereo its self and it wont budge. Are there screws i need to worry bout, or should i just pull and rip the fu**er out?
Dont let anyone tell u u cant run subs off of your head unit,(temporarily that is) all u need is a big box :) <p>-Luke
BumpNGlow

Re: rit it out?

Post by BumpNGlow »

http://www.mx-3.com/tech/audsys/<p>Jeff gave a pretty good walkthrough on how to do it. It should help you with about any questions you have. You can also try once you push the hangers in, reach your hand around and push from behind to get a lil more leverage.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

ya im really sure u need to use the clip things or the home made hanger things, but i heard u can get the wires stock while trying to remove the deck and it will be really damn hard to do anythign then<p>it didnt happen to me, go to ur local shop and they will prolly do it for u for free, thats what i did , or they may charge u like 2 bucks, then i went home and installed my deck myself
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
sheller

Post by sheller »

I had problems pulling mine too. The left side clamp pushed out instead of in. I ended up twisting the stereo around as much as possible so I could get to the right side clamp and then removed the screws holding it on. Removing that allowed a bit more space so I was able to get a screw driver in and bend the left side clamp back into position then pull the whole thing out. Just use a steady hand on things and don't completely force the issue...so that you don't crack your dash.
Steve
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by polak_gino:
ya im really sure u need to use the clip things or the home made hanger things, but i heard u can get the wires stock while trying to remove the deck and it will be really damn hard to do anythign then<p>it didnt happen to me, go to ur local shop and they will prolly do it for u for free, thats what i did , or they may charge u like 2 bucks, then i went home and installed my deck myself<hr></blockquote><p>Correction, you friend installed it for you. :) Credit, where creidt is due.
bigluke

Post by bigluke »

so there is no new screws just rip the bit$$ out rite? if there is a clip holding it , f$$$ it, i dont need that stereo anyway, im just worried abt the new one im gonna put in.
Dont let anyone tell u u cant run subs off of your head unit,(temporarily that is) all u need is a big box :) <p>-Luke
quinn_seipp

Post by quinn_seipp »

When I took mine out all I did was cut a coat hanger into four pieces, and pushed them into each slot and it pops out... I don't see where your having problems?
130 hp and 1000 horsepower strong, ;)

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”