Tweeters under deck?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
bigluke

Tweeters under deck?

Post by bigluke »

I just recently got a 92 mx3 all stock. Im thinking of putting some kappas and a nice square 10 in the trunk. Now for the tweeters there is really not place for them so i was thinking if i could put them there. Id get the ones that swivel around and they could be pointed in diff. directions. What do you think?
Dont let anyone tell u u cant run subs off of your head unit,(temporarily that is) all u need is a big box :) <p>-Luke
bigluke

Re: Tweeters under deck?

Post by bigluke »

I would want to put them right under the cd head unit and im thinking since they would be able to be pointed in different directions it might work? Let me know what you think
Dont let anyone tell u u cant run subs off of your head unit,(temporarily that is) all u need is a big box :) <p>-Luke
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

i personally say naaaa, put them in the back by the rear seat belt thing, then fire them off the hatch window, i realize that most like the tweets in the front, but because of the way the sound travels in the mx-3, this would sound sick as hell!<p>
peace
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

It won't sound good, get a hole saw for drills and drill a hole the size of your tweeter in the door panel and put the tweets there like in the pic. Then aim the tweets toward the rearview mirror, trust me it will sound great.
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

tweeters are suppose to be close to ur drivers.
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

You are right, they say that they should be close to the drivers but, in the competitions I was in, the judges were all impressed with the sound of my set-up and how the staging was so good, at eye level and very wide. One judge said that the sound stage sounded like it was way past the doors. I am happy with this set up but if you don't want to drill holes them you can try something else that doesn't involve drilling. :)
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

Image<p>thats about the best setup as far as sound quality that u can do in our cars other than kick panels
because the tweets are close to the midbasses and they are aimed at the drivers ear and are very close to the same distance apart
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

the only time they aren't to good is when u have a passanger because they block the tweets but thats why u drive alone lol
polak_gino

Post by polak_gino »

ya tru , who needs friends lol
> Toronto MX-3 Club
> My Car Audio Install
> ProMazda.com

Metalic Green '92 GS 5-Speed
bigluke

Post by bigluke »

Thanks for the insight. Ur rite. but i still have one question since the right tweeter is closer to you wont u get diff sound, or should u just use fading to fix that when driving alone in the car. Another question... would it just be better to get a 2 way speaker with the tweeter built in?
bigluke

Post by bigluke »

also were did u get the cover for the speaker. The one instead of the grill?
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

i made the cover and seperate speakers are better and if u mount them the way i have them the speakers are close to the same distance apart so fading and things don't need to be done
bigluke

Post by bigluke »

how the HELL did u go about making ur own cover? I have to lean to take chances.i just dont want to fak up when doing it. I cant afford it. My insurance is killing me they take $3000 USD. It sucks.
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

wel i just used a piec of plywood traced the factory covers cut the wood out and then covered it in vinyl then drilled holes to hold it on then screwed it on
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

btw there are no chances really
because the factory cover still fits and u can't tell anything was done.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”