Help W/ Hood Pins

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
NateDog

Help W/ Hood Pins

Post by NateDog »

hey guys and gals,
i knoticed my hood vibrates and hums while my car idels. i bought hood pins but have no idea where to place them under the hood. i think my oem hood latch isnt working prop. cause when i press down on the hood where the latch is the vibrating stops. any help w/ pin locations will help a lot. any pics too. i have done a lot of work on cars in my day but have never installed hood pins before :confused:
thanx for any and all help.
jpwmx3

Re: Help W/ Hood Pins

Post by jpwmx3 »

Sounds like you need a tune-up job on the engine. LOL.. Hood should not vibrate. :eek:
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

my car had a tune up in nov. right after i bought it. my hood latch doesnt latch tightly, 'cause when the hood is closed i can pick up the hood and it opens like 1/4".
marshmallow15

Post by marshmallow15 »

sounds like weak/busted motor mount problems.<p>the ideal place and safest place for hood pins is the bar that your radiator support is located at. its between your radiator/headlights. its a frame/bar thing. all you need to do is choose a place, mount the pin (you have to drill and put on a nut or bolt i think), drill hole in hood where needed, then close and put clip on pin. the tricky part is making the holes look clean from drilling.
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

thanx for the info. as for my car... everything is good in the engine bay, no week mounts nothing in need of tuning everything is fine. its just the pos latch.
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

thanx for the info. as for my car... everything is good in the engine bay, no week mounts nothing in need of tuning everything is fine. its just the pos latch.
cjthor
Forum Moderator

Post by cjthor »

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Nate Dog:
thanx for the info. as for my car... everything is good in the engine bay, no week mounts nothing in need of tuning everything is fine. its just the pos latch.<hr></blockquote>
I installed hood pins thru the CF hood last night. I havent had time to put up pics on my cardomain site. If you have AIM I can show em to ya.
Jarid Perry
94 mx3 Turrrbooooo (not even close to stock) 302WHP
71 Chevy C20 (tow rig!!)
77 Jeep CJ5 (no way its stock)
06 MINI Cooper S JCW GP (few goodies) 210WHP
2008 MINI Cooper Clubman S
NateDog

Post by NateDog »

sorry no aim, i have MSN u can mail me them if u want......... my email is........
integra_r_type@hotmail.com<p>thanx

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”