Rear Break Caliper help!

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
pjh

Rear Break Caliper help!

Post by pjh »

Hi my rear break keeps binding. So I'm trying to fix it. £250 for new one eek!<p>It seems the caliper is sticking sometimes.
How the hell do I get the caliper off?<p>The top caliper bolt un-screws fine but the bottom one has no bolt & will not move back or forwards but swings ok?. Is it siezed?<p>How do I remove the bottom pin then?
Should it slide out if I belt it?<p>Thanks,
PJH 92 v6 GS (Mans Car)
Maddbuck

Re: Rear Break Caliper help!

Post by Maddbuck »

there are two bolts holding the caliper assembly on the hub assembly 14mm I believe. The bolt you undid only allows you to change the pads, you need to get the whole assembly off. If they are sticking, then most likely you need new or refurbished calipers. suggest you replace in pairs and probably not a bad idea to replace the rotors while you are in there. I don't know where in UK you can get refurbished calipers but in US www.autopartsgiant.com is where I got mine from. here is another link for info on sticking calipers http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dorothy.bradbury/probemx/index.htm
davidosk024

Post by davidosk024 »

thats alot of money for that.<p>if your gonnan spend $$ though... just buy some brembos or AP racing discs and brakes...<p>Simply the best
In
Eunos 30x, v6
KL-ZE, 2.5in exhaust, K&N intake
Unichip, LSD, 13lb flywheel, ACT2 clutch, NGK iridium Plugs, Top Gun Leads...<p>Goin In
Cams, Headers, TB, Extractors,
Bored to 2.8, Mazdaspeed Struts, Mazdaspeed strut tops,
Mazdaspeed swaybars, Eibach springs, Cusco Adj. Strut tops, Body kit, Altezza lights, Short shifter, Crossdrilled rotors and Calipers from AP racing, Braided brake lines, Braided clutch line, Mazdaspeed steering wheel, Mazdaspeed Leather shift knob,
pjh

Post by pjh »

Thanks for the Info.<p>Yea It's the price from the agent for new caliper.<p>There is no mx-3's in any breakers yards around here either.<p>Can you use the calipers from any other model, such as 626, MX-5, or ford probe etc??<p>thanks all

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”