sony xplod speakers

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
spicy

sony xplod speakers

Post by spicy »

im not big on car audio or anything, but i just recently got these sony xplod speakers for chrismtas. I've got two of them installed so far..the two in the hatch. We haven't done the door ones yet but as a test I made all the sound go to the back and I had some techno on and it sounded like crap :( I mean, I haven't messed around with my new cd player's equalizer or anything so that might be it.<p>But anyway...bottom line is, i think my stock ones kick these news ones asses. i've heard good and bad about the sony xplods.. whats your opinion?<p>
btw, the watts for the speakers are 160 amps..and my player is 180
mzdspd

Re: sony xplod speakers

Post by mzdspd »

i dunno what u mean by amps u prob mean watts. thats max and means nothing u need to go by rms but anyways to answer ur question. i dunno why they sound like crap. most of the ones i have heard sound pretty good ecspecially for the money. there not the best or nothing but they should def be better than the stock ones by far. make sure the polarity is right and tey the eq.
marius

Post by marius »

Your player is 180 watts which is 45X4. If your speakers are 160 watts each, you're only pumping 45 watts into them as a result, they would sound on the ****ty side. The stock speakers are only about 25 watts therefore all the wattage is being used. If you don't have one already, get you're hands on an amp that will not only make up for the missing wattage, but make your speakers sound better by broadening the frequency reponse (khz). I thought the exact same thing when I got my 6 1/2" Alpines, until I hooked up an amp. That's all I know. Hope it helps.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

sony speakers suck hence the reason you can pick them up at walmart :shrug:
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
spicy

Post by spicy »

well anyway.. i'm not trying to go bumpin through the hood or anything.<p>i'm just an 18 y/o girl that picked up an mx3 for 1800$ one day.<p>
thanks for the help!
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

the sonys will prob be all u need
92RedMX3

Post by 92RedMX3 »

I'm sure the speakers will sound fine to you. It all depends on what you like. Personally I can't see going out and dropping the $500 per set of component speakers so I plan on using scanspeak or such which sound very close to the more expensive ones such as the high end of MB quart and many others. And the run under $100 normally when you get it all together. But as was said it is probably all you will need. Now the question is how do they sound bad? Are you sure that they are wired correctly?
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

get a small sub..take all of the bass off of the regular speakers and turn the treble up some...there u go...
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
your2slow

Post by your2slow »

Any speakers that i've tried on the the back hatch sound bad cause they are held down by plastic. It does not support the speaker enough to let the real sound of the speaker come through....You might want to get some reinforcemnt on the back hatch so those speakers will sound better....I had the same issue with the hatch speakers till i reinforced it with some rods. Just an Idea.<p>[ January 02, 2003: Message edited by: your2slow ]</p>
KL-ZE, Custom Intake, Apex Lowering Springs, and more to come this year.

Toronto Mx-3 Club
My Cardomain Site
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

speakers in the rear arn't gonna sound good the highs are fring into the glassthat ruins imaging right there. also u don't wanna hear words come from behind u for good sound go with a 2 way or comp set mounted in front of u as low as u can get em with the tweaters aimed at ur ears. this will give u the best possible sound. i have orion intese 6.5" midbasses and alpine tweeters and they sound awsome. a lot of people look at the 12yr old tweeters and say they can't sound good but then i turn em on and they are amazed. kick panels are the way to go if u can do fiberglass.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”