Need Help Don't know what to do

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
JCali

Need Help Don't know what to do

Post by JCali »

I'm trying to install a sony deck, but the connections are completely different then OEM...I guess I need an install kit. Where can I get one at? Or should I just take it to a professional <P>Jason
mzdspd

Re: Need Help Don't know what to do

Post by mzdspd »

wal mart man same as the other stuff just cheaper<BR>and stick with doing it urself its not that hard
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

I believe I have an extra pair of plugs for the stereo, if your interested and willing to drive to Santa Cruz, I'll give them to you.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
MX3Gurl

Post by MX3Gurl »

yes, you'll need to get the harness. they go from $9 - $19 Cdn. well worth it.
JCali

Post by JCali »

The Harness I saw(online) I don't think they will fit what I got. The mx-3's casette stereo has like 3 slots...a big one, a small one...and then a plug...And power plug. The Sony stereo has one plug big plug. Then actual Left Right Audio jacks...same ones you'll find in house stereo. I'll check it out. But I'm curious if the harness could adapt to everything <P>Jason
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

bah u dont need a kit its easy to match up u just have an extra wire from the dimmer that u wont use
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

no, it will fit. The adapter will connect the two sets(or it should). Or you can do it the hard way and cut all the wires and look at a chart to tell which color wire is which feature....
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
Shades

Post by Shades »

Look up Car Stereo in your Yellow Pages and go down and pick up the wiring harness... if you plan on keeping that stereo for a long time or whatever.<P>Trust me, doing the stuff yourself will save you money to buy more toys, or lunch at McD's!
JoN - Ex-Automotive Machinist Journeyman/Refrigeration Mechanic Apprentice
1996 Mazda MX-3 RS - Creek Blue Mica

RACING BP fully built with Twin Scroll GT3071R TURBO @ +30psi - Specs and Pictures

"Do it ONCE, do it RIGHT!"
Maddbuck

Post by Maddbuck »

You can do it without an adapter harness just got to match wires correctly<BR>here you go<BR>Here's what I get from the online manual wiring diagram pg Z-102<BR>Blue/red - battery<BR>Blue/black - Ignition<BR>Black - ground<BR>Red - deck lighting (avoid not needed)<BR>Red/black - deck lighting (avoid not needed)<BR>blue/orange - front left -<BR>Violet - front left +<BR>white - front right -<BR>Blue/white - front right +<BR>Pink - rear left -<BR>grey/black - rear left +<BR>light green/red - rear right -<BR>light green/black - rear right +<P>the red and red/black wire are part of the interior lighting dimmer circuit for the instrumentation lights. for an aftermarket radio they are not needed unless the unit has provision for this but most don't.
monty73741
Forum Moderator

Post by monty73741 »

just get a harness its alot easier you can do your connection out of the car then just plug & play<BR>i usaully have someone install mine...not because i cant do it....because of the ease of it i tend to rush<BR>jason
Jason Danaher
Please Help Support MX-3.com
MX-3.com Online Store - http://www.mx-3.com/osv3
CafePress - http://www.cafepress.com/mx3com

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”