no sound

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
I_love_my_MX-3

no sound

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

ok so yesterday i wads driving home when some kid ran oiut in the middle of the street so UI slammed on my brakes and my drink came out of the cupholder and all over my dash board. so later that night im going to work and no sound comes out of my speakers....the CD player plays just no sound. Any ideas whats wrong?
1992 MX-3 handed down to my sis :)
1992 MR-2 Turbo sold and missed :(
1995 Integra GS-R :)

92RedMX3

Re: no sound

Post by 92RedMX3 »

Pull it out of the dash and use a power meter to check to see if power is being sent out of the radio.
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

check the fuse labled radio in the fuse pannel it may have got shorted
LiL-LaW

Post by LiL-LaW »

It wouldn't be the fuse or power because they said that the player was still playing just no sound.
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

ya I can skip thru the tracks and ff or rewind just no sound like its not traveling from the deck to the speakers.

Psyrg

Post by Psyrg »

If the drink went into your headunit, it is possible the drink has mucked up the CD laser. If the system cant tell you how many tracks the disk has and if it can still tune into radio signals, this may be your problem.<P>If all that checks out, perhaps your drink has caused problems further allong the line. Any multimeter set to voltage AC probing the speaker outputs will tell you if the headunit is creating any signal.<P>You can also clean the units main board with clean water, but do this at your won risk. I have saved a computer monitor by opening the case and putting it in the shower after it had a glass of Mountain Dew spilt in it. If you think it may be a bit above you, see if an electrician will do it for you.
I_love_my_MX-3

Post by I_love_my_MX-3 »

well im not sure what it was but today I went in to Best buy to see if they6 could help there was nothing they could do so I left and sound came back into my front left speaker so I went home i went outside to try it again and the rear speakers came on too. so now everything works except the front right speaker. I guess the soda just gummed up some connections and the sugar needed to burn off. I dont know tho all I know is im damn happy i have music again.

tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

If you rinse it with water, make sure to let it dry out & that you got ALL the stuff off of it. For most electrical components this is safe, but will mess with mechanical devices.<P>You can still buy (CFC) circut board cleaner in the U.S.. This will probably work better than water.<P>Letting the sugar carmelize in your head is probabbly a bad Idea, but if it works....
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”