For those of you with a hatch cover and Subs...

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
mx3man83

For those of you with a hatch cover and Subs...

Post by mx3man83 »

I'm getting another mx-3 in 2 weeks and it has the hatch cover...my current mx-3 doesnt, and the bass was awesome...does the hatch cover muffle the bass at all or distort it in any way(Obviousely, the subs will be in the "trunk")??? If the hatch cover doesnt affect the bass, i wanto mount my 6x9's in the hatch cover....
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
MI-Archangel

Re: For those of you with a hatch cover and Subs...

Post by MI-Archangel »

yes it does muffle the sound and it rattles and putting 6*9 in the hatch will just make it rattle more so take it out as 4 your 6X9 what u gotta do is maybe buy boxes 4 them and put them in trunk or modify the rear speaker holes to fit them
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

it wont have any effect on bass response. However your cover may rattle depending on your setup. If you plan to add 6x9's to the cover i would suggest reinforcing it.
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MMike:<BR><STRONG>what u gotta do is maybe buy boxes 4 them and put them in trunk or modify the rear speaker holes to fit them</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Already got boxes for them, in my current mx3 i had them attached to my sub box....I was thinking about mounting them in the rear interior side panels, but never got around to it..i just might try it...I havent even checked the clearance issues or anything, but its just something im going to experiment with...thanks for the help..
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

that stupid cover muffles the sound a lot and makes the worst rattling noise i have ever heard i would def take it out<BR>see with our cars if u face the subs and or ports up the sound waves bounce off the glass and come to the front. it can't do that with the cover on so get rid of it.
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

I like what I've seen ppl do w/ putting speakers on the sides of the back seats... If I wasn't too busy w/ countless other projects I would probably do that too.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
Nd4SpdSe

Post by Nd4SpdSe »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BumpNGlow:<BR><STRONG>I like what I've seen ppl do w/ putting speakers on the sides of the back seats... If I wasn't too busy w/ countless other projects I would probably do that too.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P><BR>?
1992 Mazda Mx-3 GSR - 2.5L KLZE : Award Winning Show Car & Race Car ['02-'09] (Retired)
2004 Mazda RX-8 GT - Renesis Wankel : LS3 Coils, BHR Mid-Pipe + Falken RT-615K 245/40r18
2011 Mazda Mazda2 GS - 1.5L Manual : Yozora Edition (1 of 500)
2003 Nissan Xterra SE - 4x4 Supercharged : 2" Body Lift, 4" Suspension Lift & 33" MTR Kevlar
2001 Nissan Frontier SE - The Frontrailer : Expedition/Off-Road Trailer Project
Buff1110
Supporting Member

Post by Buff1110 »

my cover doesnt rattle at all. im sure u can add a lil weight to it to hold it down more and prevent rattling. and my type r 12 pounds and still no rattling.<BR>Dan
Dan
92 Mx-3 Gs, KLZE Powered!! - SOLD!!!!
02 Tacoma TRD - Daily
93 Honda del Sol - New Project
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Nd4SpdSe:<BR><STRONG><P><BR>?</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>he was commenting on what i said earlier...about mounting speakers in the rear side panels of the mx-3..
My Cardomain site
mx3optidrive

Post by mx3optidrive »

This is what I did.<BR>Without cover<BR> Image <BR>With cover<BR> Image
Shop 506-577-6708
cell 506-381-3503
email danny@jdracing.ca
atlantamx3
Supporting Member

Post by atlantamx3 »

I have one MTX 12" sub in the cargo area w/435 Watts and Infinity kappa 6 1/2"s in the stock location. I have had NO rattle or NOTICEABLE rattle with the cover on. I would recommend keeping the cargo cover for security reasons so everyone doesnt see what you have, and decide they want to break in and steal it. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
~Perry
Please visit
http://www.mx3-atlanta.com
Paragon

Post by Paragon »

mine's silent with a kicker comp 15 in the hatch...pine board re-inforced, to fix a bend, however
the_anj

Post by the_anj »

PATDIESEL
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Post by PATDIESEL »

I think that if your sub is good enough and your hatch cover is still in decent shape then you'll be fine using it. I bet the guys that have rattle are missing some of the rubber on the cover that keeps it from ratteling. I have a 2 12" Boston subs and 500 watt JL comp amp with no rattle. You can also get a 6x9 to fit in the stock rear location. You have to cut a little pice of plastic that is in the way, but it won't effect the integrity of the plastic piece at all.
ZE -strait neck,headers,2.5 exhaust,pheno spacers,lower cross member,GC coils,MS struts,Brembo slotted rotors,filled MS mounts,SS brake/clutch lines, CAI,to rear bat reloc,Hella headlamps,Hella DE fogs 180WHP
MarkMoore

Post by MarkMoore »

if you go w/o the hatch cover, expect your car to be broken into and violated :x ... you could always get a limo tint to avoid this
1992 GS/RS Mutant Automatic

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”