Car Bass Tube To Home System

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
VizualXTC

Car Bass Tube To Home System

Post by VizualXTC »

I have a POS Basstube (Audiovox Rampage BA-200) and I want to hook it to my home system. It gives clean bass, but not a whole lot of it. I want to hook it to my home system to give it a LITTLE more umph. If anyone knows how to do this PLEASE let me know. My only problem is powering the amplifier. How can I do this without a battery. Will a 12V transformer work? Thanks.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
marshmallow15

Re: Car Bass Tube To Home System

Post by marshmallow15 »

try looking for a computer speaker external amplifier that will work well with your bass tube.<P>are you talking about powering your amplifier for your car to use on the tube?
http://boostedboogie.notanorg.org
- team slideways
92' mazda mx-3 (parting out), 03' bmw 325i, 03' bmw 530i (traded for 325), red FD3S (sold), 2005 cateyes carbon fiber bike
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

I need to power the amplifier that is used to power the subwoofer. I did a little more research and I think I have figured it out. We'll see.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
mzdspd

Post by mzdspd »

go to radioshack and buy a 12volt power supply if its judt a rampage a 5 amp should work for all ur gonna use it for if u want some real power get a 20 amp one
Psyrg

Post by Psyrg »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>go to radioshack and buy a 12volt power supply<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>Agreed. You probably wont get better bang for your buck if you try to build a custom solution.
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

Errr, most of the power supplies at Radio shack that I've seen cannot handle anywhere near that much current.<P>If you really know what you're doing you can get around it,... Dirty 60/120Hz humm,.... Poor eficiency,.... This method is generally ghetto.<P>Anyway, I'd recomend a used audio shop. You can usually find decent stuff at them, and for not too much money. Otherwise try the retail outlets that sell stereos, they usually have proper amps. You might just consider a reciver with intigrated amps for surround sound...<P>I'd strongly suggest geting an amp that plugs into the wall.
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

This is only a temporary solution. I am eventually gunna get a 12" powered sub and complete 7.1 surround. I just wanna quick fix since I can't spend all my money before christmas.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”