Replacement speakers for 95 MX3 GS

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
MX3Gurl

Replacement speakers for 95 MX3 GS

Post by MX3Gurl »

Hey gang, <P>i'm looking at replacing my speakers in my car. i was checking out <A HREF="http://www.crunchfield.com" TARGET=_blank>www.crunchfield.com</A> and it states my car make and model replacements should be 5 1/4 for front and rear. <P>i was reading a couple threads and some have been able to install 6 1/2 all around. anyhow, i would really like to install the biggest to get more sounds since i don't want to install a sub or woofer in the back. (need the space for shopping bags)... :) <P>anyhow, anyone know what the maximum depth is? <P>i was looking at getting JBL 6.5 (P632) for fronts and Infinity 652i for rears. <BR>and since i'm buying them online, i wanna make sure they fit before i purchase them. <P>thanks guys.
Sonicxtacy02

Re: Replacement speakers for 95 MX3 GS

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

infinity's will sound better in the front as they have no bass response but both sets of those speakers will fit ;)
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
MX3Gurl

Post by MX3Gurl »

Sonicxtacy02: Thanks alot. did you have to shim the speakers at all? or were they a perfect fit? <P>thanks again
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

the infinity's will fit just fine in the front or back. I'm not sure about the other set in the front but the back will be fine
Shaun Newman
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

I actually bought the JBL 6.5 (P632) but I'm having some problems with them. (No bass at all, my stock front speakers have 4 times more bass than them but I think there's a factory problem with them) I'm going to return them to the shop where I bought them. But they are supposed to be good speakers. I might come back with my final opinion on them later in the week.<P>Just watchout with the P632 since the window won't close completly with them on and you'll need to do new holes in the door panels.<P>And don't even think of putting them in the rear, unless you have alot of time to lose.<P>I've also the component kit for them.<P><BR>ps. And no, I've not plugged them to run as tweeters.<p>[ November 25, 2002: Message edited by: FroSTeD ]
2fazed
Supporting Member

Post by 2fazed »

Any thoughts about getting separates? I have R6 Kicker midbass with a ND25 tweeter, with or without the amp they had clarity with enough bass reponse like the stock. I even put some cheap profile 5 1/4 and 6 1/2's in my Hyundai, they bassed as much as the stock but with highs, they only costed me $50. Just a thought.
16 Hyundai Elantra Value Edition
06 Mazdaspeed6 2.3T
93 626 ES 2.5
92 Mx-3 RS 1.6
93 Mx-3 GS 2.5
93 Mx-3 RS 1.6
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FroSTeD:<BR><STRONG>I actually bought the JBL 6.5 (P632) but I'm having some problems with them. (No bass at all, my stock front speakers have 4 times more bass than them but I think there's a factory problem with them) I'm going to return them to the shop where I bought them. But they are supposed to be good speakers. I might come back with my final opinion on them later in the week.<P>Just watchout with the P632 since the window won't close completly with them on and you'll need to do new holes in the door panels.<P>And don't even think of putting them in the rear, unless you have alot of time to lose.<P>I've also the component kit for them.<P><BR>ps. And no, I've not plugged them to run as tweeters.<P>[ November 25, 2002: Message edited by: FroSTeD ]</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>6 1/2 speakers will fit the back just fine whether you just screw one screw in or build a 50 cent bracket to secure it. What are you having difficulty with. Also JBL speakers are well known for having superior bass response in the mid level market. Either you have a factory defect or a weak head unit. I would suggest returning them like you're doin Image
Shaun Newman
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sonicxtacy02:<BR><STRONG><P>6 1/2 speakers will fit the back just fine whether you just screw one screw in or build a 50 cent bracket to secure it. What are you having difficulty with. Also JBL speakers are well known for having superior bass response in the mid level market. Either you have a factory defect or a weak head unit. I would suggest returning them like you're doin Image </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'm not going to only screew 1 screew, that's what I mean. The thing is not horizontally centered so I have not been able to put anything to support them. Well I just tried with someone who knows alot more than me about car audio and he told me to try it in a particular box and the sound was so different! I tried them in the front doors and the sound was still better than when I tried them in my hands. There's so much differences! With my stock front speaker I was able to get some bass when I had them in my hands but not the JBL632. That's what I found weird but now that it's working well in the window I'll keep them.
MX3Gurl

Post by MX3Gurl »

Thanks everyone for your comments. its really helped me deciding which speakers to use. <P>i don't have an amp, but i'm gonna use a 60x4 deck to power the speakers. i'm told i can easily get 27watts RMS easily. <P>FroSTeD: please keep me posted on how the JBL's sound after getting them replaced. as suggested, i was going to use the JBL's in the rear, but hopefully your problem isn't because of design? <P>Thanks again!
FroSTeD

Post by FroSTeD »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by MX3Gurl:<BR><STRONG>Thanks everyone for your comments. its really helped me deciding which speakers to use. <P>i don't have an amp, but i'm gonna use a 60x4 deck to power the speakers. i'm told i can easily get 27watts RMS easily. <P>FroSTeD: please keep me posted on how the JBL's sound after getting them replaced. as suggested, i was going to use the JBL's in the rear, but hopefully your problem isn't because of design? <P>Thanks again!</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>I'll install them this Week-End so expect an answer from me on monday.<P>My problem is not really due to the speaker but on how it's done in the back of the car, it will be 2x easier in the front and I think I'm better to put them in the front for a better sound. I'll get you back on this probably on Monday.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

hey i have rockford fosgate 6.5's up front..THEY ROCK...they are "fanatic" style...model number hpc2206. And they look too..u can see the shiny silver cone through the speaker grill. They are 150 watts peak, and 75 RMS. ONly thing is u cant put the window down....they are too deep and the window hits. ITs ok though, i dont mind...i can live with the window about 1.5 inches up.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Oh yah, the tweeter also swivels to point up at you...or wherever u want it.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

One more thing....I suggest getting like an 8 inch sub...THere can be special pods made for them so you can put them pretty much anywhere...no system is complete without a sub. If your not wanting to spend alot of money, you can buy a cheap amp at wal-mart...will work just fine for what you need it for..
My Cardomain site
Mnemonic
Forum Moderator

Post by Mnemonic »

well i actually have fitted 2 polk audio 6x9s in my rear where originally, the 6.5s would go and in the fronts i have polk audio 6x4s i believe, the rear is extremely aggravating to do BUT 6x9s will fit, u can ask anyone in Moca they have seen them, ill have pictures posted soon though
08 Infiniti G37s 6speed (The Daily)
Stillen Cold Air Intake, Z1 Plenum Power Mod, Z1 Headers, Z1 Test Pipe, OBX (Ark) Exhaust, Up-Rev Osiris Engine Management (Tuned at Z1), 20x9" 20x10" Str Racing Concave Staggered Rims, SPC Camber kit, Tein H Techs Springs

01 Lexus Is300 (LS2 Project)
93 Mx3 SE 2.5 KLZE (sold it)
93 Mx3 GS 2.0 KFZE (killed it)
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mx3man83:<BR><STRONG>Oh yah, the tweeter also swivels to point up at you...or wherever u want it.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>buy a 1.5 inch spacer (or make one). Solves your problem :D
Shaun Newman

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”