taking off headlights.

General Mazda MX-3 Discussions
whinypunk

taking off headlights.

Post by whinypunk »

i know this has been discussed before, but i cant find it on the search and dont remember what was said. i know the headlights have the black rubber liner, how do i get that off? i wanna put new bulbs in.
airjordon_09

Re: taking off headlights.

Post by airjordon_09 »

yo if you just want to put on new bulbs, you dont need to take the light assembly off to change the lights, if you look right behinde the light on the inside of the hood, you will see like a cream/dirty white coloured circle thingy (lol) just turn it and pull out and thats what your lights are attached to, VERY VERY easy but you have to know what your looking for, GOOD LUCK BRO<p> peace
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com
whinypunk

Post by whinypunk »

ok thanks a lot man. but how do i take them off to clean the inside. one will not get clean on the outside, and so my lights arent balanced right.

Post by Guest »

I dont know how to take the seal off, but I heard its not very good to do being that its a
b!tch to get back on and moisture can get inside, etc. etc.
mx3man83

Post by mx3man83 »

Its very easy to take the lens off of the housing. Pre-heat the oven to about 400 and after about 2 minutes put them entire head light in there , after about 3-3.5 minutes, take out with a towel and pop the lens off with a flat head screw driver. Make sure not to set it lens-down on the oven rack, unless u want a nice grill design on ur light!! Re-installation is the same..Except this time you have to let it get a little bit hotter since it has to get the adhesive hot enough to seal properly. Also, when putting the lens back on, press the lens on as hard as u can, of course use caution not to break the lens or warp it since it will be very maliable at this time. Once u get it on, wrap it in a towel and hold it in position for a few minutes to ensure proper fit. Good luck, i did it and it was a cinch.
Combat kit, Spectra blue paint, shaved, Black ADR flite 4 17's/ Yokahama ES 100's, straight through 2.5 inch cat back exhaust, CAI, Straight neck IM KLZE, poly filled motor mounts, Kl48/ Eprom chip, black altezzas, Wet Zex 75 shot, Walbro 255 fuel pump, Cosmo AFPR, GS SE all black interior, RF 1kbd amp, RF 12 HE2's (2), US acoustics 4 channel amp
My Cardomain site
airjordon_09

Post by airjordon_09 »

yo bro, not to say anything against mx3man83, but i would honestly not suggest taking them off, first because even getting the lights off the car is a pain in the *** , and second, the inside is not the dirty part, it is the outside, when i first got my car and wanted to do the headlights i thought it was the inside two but it wasnt, what i did to clean them was<p>1)use like glass cleaner but in a spray can, one that foams up as soon as it hits the surface and just lets it fun off, you will see the orange fade off, i hade to do this honestly about 10 tims to get them perfect,
2)then after i did the main part, sprayed under the light in the little gap that you can see if you sit right in front of the light, there is a lot of dirt there, clean that
3) then i used many different type of polish, i dont know which one was the best, i just everyone we had, i think i used about 7 diff types, but use the one everyone else uses, not sure what it is though,<p> GOOD LUCK BRO
peace
JºrDôñ
Mx sold, gonna miss ya babe

gti_driven@hotmail.com

Return to “General Mazda MX-3”