Installing a MP3 CD Player I NEED HELP!!

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
MX3ChiCk95

Installing a MP3 CD Player I NEED HELP!!

Post by MX3ChiCk95 »

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE can anyone help me out by telling me how to remove the tape deck in my MX-3??? The thing wont budge and I am trying to put my new cd player in! I already got everything lose. All those dang flaps and screws. ack! respond asap!
McRallye

Re: Installing a MP3 CD Player I NEED HELP!!

Post by McRallye »

First you need 2 deck removers (their not really called that), they slide in on the right and left of the deck, and you apply presure towards the center. It sould nudge out little by little, but when it comes loose don't just yank it out. Slowly remove it and make sure all the wires are unplugged. Now with installation, some of the wires might have different colors for the same type of wire. On mazdas the speaker wires are usually blue, and the negitive has a stripe, there will be 8 speaker wires. The power wire might be red but it is the easiest to find because it has a fuse on it. Ground might be black, not sure. Accessory sould be yellow, and thats all of them. On your new deck there are 2 more wires. One is called Remote for an amplifier, it is a light blue with a white stripe wire, and the other is an antenna switch for the antennas that go up and down, it sould be a brown wire with a white srtipe. Also the deck removers sould come with the new deck, unless the deck is hot (if you know what I mean). ;)
Have no fear, the stereo man is "hear"!
white fish

Post by white fish »

I used 4 nails (3" nails for wood) stuck them in put my hand in the tapedeck and pulled it out slowly
Bri94GS

Post by Bri94GS »

paperclips baby!!! yeeeaaa!! just unbend em, stick them in the 4 holes, and pull..it's easier with 2 people...
~Bri - Morph860@aol.com
'94 MX-3 GS (FOR SALE!)
'04 Mazda 3s 5-door
zoom-zoom

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”