Muffled Left Channel

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Jutzi420

Muffled Left Channel

Post by Jutzi420 »

I bought a 92 gs about a month ago. The previous owner had a good sound system professionally installed, two JL 10s each powered by 100w Rockford amps, and a 45w 2 channel doing the MB Quart components up front. Recently though, the left channel up front has been very muffled, to the point where I can barely hear it. It doesn't happen all the time though, once in a while when I start the car the levels are normal.<BR>Has anyone else had this problem, or have any suggestions for me? Thanks.
mazda_stud

Re: Muffled Left Channel

Post by mazda_stud »

check the speaker connection and wire. To the cross-over and after. Where was it installed at. because I work at a place that sells those speakers probably the same chain and they kick a-- but the price tag on them is crazy. Most shops offer a lifetime warranty on install well at least mine does. It sound like you have a dead short to me. :roll:
LIFE IS A HIGHWAY I WANT TO DRIVE IT ALL NIGHT LONG!
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

if the guy is only giving them 45w, I bet they are the cheapest line of mb quarts. Those are tooo expensive.<P>But definately start w/ checking the wires. then try reversing the speaker wires on the amp. Could be a blown amp channel.
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!
Jutzi420

Post by Jutzi420 »

Thanks for the ideas people. I've narrowed it down to the amp, and everything inside seems solid enough. Might be time for a new amp.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”