Remote start

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Bouncy

Remote start

Post by Bouncy »

Does anyone know anything about hooking up an alarm with remote start? I am kinda clueless. Although, I have some of the alarm hooked up. [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Re: Remote start

Post by neverenuff »

Hey whats up.<BR>What you need to know?I have to tell ya if you realy don't know what you're doing I'd say dont do it you can realy do some damage if not carefull.
5spd_GS

Post by 5spd_GS »

if you have purchased an alarm, almost every make of alarm will come with a set of instructions. IF your alarm does come with the capability of remote start, it will tell you exactly how to connect every wiring harness and so on in the instructions.<P>if you have a standard transmission car, you may want to reconsider the idea of a remote starter, because unless you park it in neutral everytime you turn off the car, your car will take off the second you use that remote starter.<P> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Calen Sansom
1994 MX-3 GS Sparkle Green
Bouncy

Post by Bouncy »

I got an alarm with remote start from a friend from his old car. He <BR>cut the wires so I dont have them anymore. Also he doesnt have a <BR>wiring diagram any longer. I have found many wires, but I need your <BR>help. I know I shouldnt mess with what I dont know, and I would have someone do it for me but with out a drivers liscence, I cant take it anywhere. So it gives me something to do.<P>The wires I need to find are:<BR>(+)Shut down input, (-)Shut down input, (-)Negative door input, (+)<BR>Negative door input, (+)Alternator input, (-)Ground when arm output, <BR>(+)Start motor relay output, (-)Start motor relay output, The door <BR>lock outputs (3 of them), the door unlock output (Again 3 of them), <BR>and the wire for the (-)Pulse out when remote start. Thanks for all <BR>of your help if you can.<BR> :)

Post by Guest »

i wouldn't recomend remote start i have a friend that is a tech guru and he got a hold of a fequency finder and goes around and starts people's car for fun he doesn't steal themn he just thinks it's funny when ever the peole coem out and thier car is already runnning. :)
Da_Wiggy

Post by Da_Wiggy »

your friend should be shot
back alley

Post by back alley »

...in the a--!
Da_Wiggy

Post by Da_Wiggy »

......square in the face<P>that's not funny or cool