Alarm sensor

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
dudley

Alarm sensor

Post by dudley »

I installed an alarm in my car,and they didn't install a sensor in my hatch.<BR>Should I get one installed, or should I not bother with it? Image<p>[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: marcus_29_66 ]
Sonicxtacy02

Re: Alarm sensor

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

ask yourself whats the point in installing an alarm that doesnt give you full protection. Would you install adt on your house only protecting the doors?
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
avino

Post by avino »

Well personally I agree with Sonic. But Toronto is a relatively safe place, so I wouldn't mind. How much will it cost if you installed the sensor, perhaps that's the question.
dudley

Post by dudley »

About $40.00 give or take. I was told not to bother because if they get in, it wont be through the hatch, it will be through the door's.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

if someone wants in your car and cant get in the doors then they'll go through the hatch. In our cars, most break-ins occur in the hatch cause that's where the cargo or stereo equipment is. 40 bucks is absolutely worth it if you ask me
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

Hey people,<BR>Aight man if they were to get in through the hatch the alarm should go of if you have curent sensing. witch means you know the light that turns on when you open the hatch well that light will set off the alarm. now if thay were to break the hatch glass witch would'nt make any sence but if they did, that would set of the sensor you have already.
Da_Wiggy

Post by Da_Wiggy »

umm actually 99% of break ins (on mx-3's) occur through the passenger window (not breaking the glass) and the inside lock is manually unlocked. Someone who knows what they are doing can get in within 10-20 seconds and if you don't notice your window isn't seated properly before rolling it down, You'll probobly never notice (if they get in and can't find the face plate or something like that). If your hatch gets broken it's most likly some one really hates you.
Da_Wiggy

Post by Da_Wiggy »

if I told you how I would probobly get kicked off the board (it has to do with unseating the window slightly). Trust me when I say that there isn't anything that can deter that method of getting in. As long as your door pins work properly even the most basic alarms will go off (assuming it was installed properly). My way of dealing with this was getting a pager for my alarm and just hope I can make it out in time.<p>[ April 03, 2002: Message edited by: Da_Wiggy ]
neverenuff
Supporting Member

Post by neverenuff »

Just to give my 2 cent's.If you have a dual shock sesor id get a motion sensor this way if they get close to the car it would warn them away and if they got too close it set it off.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”