Need help with amp kit

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
ThumperSS

Need help with amp kit

Post by ThumperSS »

Im lookin to buy an amp kit (4ga) and i was looking at these two. Which one should I get? I only have 51 bucks to work with on my credit card. Any suggestions. Thanks<P><BR>BOSS:<BR>4 Gauge Amplifier Installation Kit<BR>4 Gauge Red Power Cable (20 Ft.)Compitition High Quality Glass Fuse Holder. Gold Plated AGU Fuse. 4 Gauge Black Ground Cable (3 Ft.).18 Gauge Blue Turn-on Wire (16 Ft.).16 Gauge OFC Speaker Wire (30 Ft.).High Performance RCA Interconnect (17 Ft.)<BR>Split Loom Tubing (6 Ft.)." Wire Ties (20).Rubber Grommets (3)<BR>#10 Ring Terminal (1).5/16" Ring Terminal (1).1/4" Ring Terminal (1)<BR>Gold Plated Speaker Terminals (4)<BR>Price: 36.95<P>OR<P>POWERKIT-4 GA<P>Car Installation Kit Features : Rca interconnect high definition audio cable shield w/built in remote wire : 25Ft right angle Red power wire : 20Ft / 4Gauge - Blue/Purple ground wire : 4Ft / 4Gauge - Ofc speaker cable : 35Ft / 12Gauge - Blue remoteturn on wire : 20Ft / 12Gauge -Water resistant inline fuse holder : AGU type /4Gauge - Agu Fuse : 80Amp / Gold Plated - Gold ring terminal : 1Pc / 4Gauge - Split loom for cable protection & organization :6Ft /4Gauge (Black Color) - Female disconn 14-16Ga, 1/4" : 4Pcs - Ring terminals 8Ga Id: 5/16" : 2Pcs - Spade terminals 4Ga Id:IO : 2Pcs - Spade terminals 14-16Ga Id: 6# : 5Pcs - Self tapping screw : 3Pcs - Rubber grommets : 5Pcs - Black cable Ties(6") : 20Pcs - Butt Conn 18-22Ga(Red) : 2Pcs - Butt Conn 6Ga(Red) : 1Pc
codene

Re: Need help with amp kit

Post by codene »

get monster cables. alot more but worth the price. my friend has a cheap kit and my sounds 10x better. i would get one of those kits but get some monster cable rca's. my rca;s cost $76 but it is crystal clean. make sure you getr a good ground also.
<A HREF="http://www.geocities.com/mail_cory_here" TARGET=_blank>Codenes Car</A>
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

Sorry but copper is copper. The Boss kit is perfectly fine. If you pay more $$ for wire, most of the time its only for name.
DiGiTaL

Post by DiGiTaL »

He said he only has 51$. Get a kit d00d, they work fine. I got a StreetWires kit and I have no complaints.
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

anyone who spends 20 bucks more than they have to for wires is a damn fool. Like the guy said.. copper is copper.<P>If you do end up spending that much more on a WIRE, i have some stocks you may wanna buy from me. There called enron :)<p>[ April 02, 2002: Message edited by: Sonicxtacy02 ]
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

as far as the copper is copper comment thats not true. there are several different grades of copper wire. if it were all the same everyone would be buying the 2cents a foot home depot s---. just make sure what you buy is oxegen free copper(last longer) the boss kit sounds like the best deal. the other one has lots of useless s---(role of remote wire when there is remote wire on the rcas and 6 gauge butt connectors with no 6 gauge wire :roll: )
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

oxygen free copper???<P>The reason you dont buy walmart wires isnt because the copper isnt as conductive as high level wires, its because of the thread count of the copper and the protective sleeve that surrounds the copper. Cheap brands use a plastic material that heats up and burns from the electrical current. High level brands use more copper stands, and a sleeve that is resistant to the heat caused by the electricity, hense they dont swell and let oxygen in. When you go from a name like boss to a name like monster you're paying for the name and the name only.<P>However cody you did touch on a point that i've been meaning to ask. What the hell is up with the remote wires that are connected to RCA's? I have no idea of the use for these<p>[ April 05, 2002: Message edited by: Sonicxtacy02 ]
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

If you really want you can use welding cable. Its just as good but cost very little.
acintegra

Post by acintegra »

home depot has some thick a-- wire 35cents a foot its what im using its hard to work with though cause the copper wires are so thick
Jay
codene

Post by codene »

ok i feal like a dumb a-- because i guess i got suckered. everyone i talked to was saying s--- like by monster cable!!!! its the best!!! you can tell a difference!!! its what car audio pros use!!! well now im pissed but tell me are all rca cables the same? i payed $75 just for those and if those are all the same i coulda bought a $3 cable from radioshack.
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by codene:<BR><STRONG>ok i feal like a dumb a-- because i guess i got suckered. everyone i talked to was saying s--- like by monster cable!!!! its the best!!! you can tell a difference!!! its what car audio pros use!!! well now im pissed but tell me are all rca cables the same? i payed $75 just for those and if those are all the same i coulda bought a $3 cable from radioshack.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>RCA's are pretty much made all the same. If you have noise in your system, its gonna get in, but the ore expensive ones might help shield it a bit better. If you install them correctly and dont have noise then your not going to notice a difference.
codene

Post by codene »

awww f*ck! i guess i was screwed but i guess i can say i have exspensive wires [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
tk1138

Post by tk1138 »

Not all wires are the same. Twisted pair have different properties than coax, and parallel are the worst of all. Twisted pair conductors have lower capacitance than most coax, and about the same noise rejection. Radioshacks cables frequently become intermitant if they are pulled on, whereas most other cables can take some abuse.<BR>Some companies make cables out of metals other than copper, gold being the best pure metal.<P>The real question is "can you hear it?" for most Decks the Input impedance is at least 100K, that means to have a high cut off at 40KHz, you wan't cables that have less than 40 pico-Farad capacitance, and 2 Millihenry inductance. Thease are not difficult standards, and most cables comply.<P>IMO<BR>tk1138
tk1138<P>There's not really anything I want to say over and over.
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

Check this out. Monster Cable Kits VS Stinger. Look how crappy the monster cable wire is. :)
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

the importance of good RCAs and Wire is always being argued. IMO, wire isn't that important(although I do use ONLY stinger), I feel that RCAs are VERY important. Not so much in an SPL car, but in a SQ car. Cheap RCAs pick up noises that other RCAs won't pick up. My friend has a crossover(w/ subsonic filter), and he only need like 4 feet of RCAs, so he went to Wal-Mart and got Road Gear. He ran those RCAs from the crossover to his amp. All of the wire is wrapped up in his box, and the 4 feet of RCAs picked up noise from his power wire... when we swapped out a spare set of Stinger RCAs that were 20ft, that I had laying around, the noise went away......<P>so its your choice
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”