amp problems

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
mrspanky79

amp problems

Post by mrspanky79 »

ok here is my problem i have had a 4ch amp running my speakers for a year know and i have just put in two alpine type Rs and a v12 amp. All i did was put larger power wire and groung and split the going to each amp. Know the first amp i had works fine but the secound(v12) powers up but has no out put so i sent it back. They sent it back to me and i put it back in and it work for about a min then back to the same thing no out put. The store said it my wireing and want me to bring it in on a weekday and charge me for some guy to look over it. I cant see how it would be my wireing if the other amp work fine. Any input please?
War does not determine who is right, war determine who is left!

94 mx3 GSX Stroked Turbo'd and Intercooled
99 vitara 4x4
Sonicxtacy02

Re: amp problems

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

exact same problem i had last weekend. Your larger amp is stealing the power from the smaller. What you need to do is use a power distribution block thats fused. IF that doesnt work add a cap to your system. Partsexpress.com has both for cheap
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

I have it set up going throw a dis block and fuses and the smaller amp is the one working.

99 vitara 4x4
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by mrspanky79:<BR><STRONG>I have it set up going throw a dis block and fuses and the smaller amp is the one working.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Check all the wiring. It could be the RCA's, it could be the speaker wires, it could be the ground.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
psurollsovau

Post by psurollsovau »

me and my one buddy dicked with somthing like this in his blazer. ended up seeing when we ran the wire that the remote had a screw going through it. check that once.
too much s--- to list!
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

Ok i have the remote spit between both amp and the same with the RCA. Even when i switch the RCA around the same resolts. I have test all the wires and they are fine power going into the amp, the amp is powering up but there is no power what so ever coming out. Know the sale person said that i must mave a wire criped or somthing and its feeding back and blowing something in the amp. I cant see how this is posible, both fuse on the block and amp are fine and the other amp(smaller)works no problems and its on the same wires. And it cant be the subs because they hooked them up. So am i right to say that it is the amp that is wrong and get them to get me a hole new one. Thanks for all the help guys.

99 vitara 4x4
psurollsovau

Post by psurollsovau »

does your headunit have 2 preouts? or does your one amp have outputs as well as inputs? are you running a external crossover? your problems could be happening here if so.
too much s--- to list!
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

:)<p>[ March 29, 2002: Message edited by: loudsubz ]
mrspanky79

Post by mrspanky79 »

The subs works fine nothing wrong with them had them tested in the store. My problem is the amp. The head has two pre out, so i have set running to my 4ch amp(smaller) running my fronts then the secound set is split with an rca spliter at the amps going to each amp(smaller back speakers and bigger v12 subs). Now i have taken a tester and tested each terminal on the amp it self. Good power and ground going in good remote, the amp lights up but no power comming out at speeker terminal. I have even run the rca straight just to the amp and no luck. I know the amp is gone but the sales man said it was because of my wirering. And this is what i cant see, if both fuses are fine and the other amp has no problem on the same wirering and witch is a smaller amp how can it be?

99 vitara 4x4
acintegra

Post by acintegra »

MAybe you need a thicker cable or try runnin 2 and see if that works home depot cheap cable 35 cents a foot can't beat it <BR> [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Jay

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”