Is a Wall legal?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
EvilSnot

Re: Is a Wall legal?

Post by EvilSnot »

Depends on your local/state laws. For the most part I know many people w/walls and have never had problem (if your going to get pull over, its because your breaking noise ordence, not the wall...). Note: putting a wall in hatchback vehcile is border line retardism, trust me on this one....
Travis83

Post by Travis83 »

This is probably a stupid question, but what is a wall? Is it literally a wall in your car? Like a wall you would have in your house? If so how would your rearview mirror still work??? Thanks :roll:
****F.U.B.A.R. SINCE 03/30/02****<P>Blaze Red w/white racing stripes<BR>FX Designs Body Kit<BR>52" Aerospeed Aluminum Spoiler<BR>18X7.5 Konig Imagine Wheels<BR>Red underbody kit<BR>Blacklights inside
psurollsovau

Post by psurollsovau »

no its a speaker box, it encloses everything off from where it is back, it mostly for big applications like 4 -15's. you want to get around rear view probs? throw a camera in under the break light. i too advise against this though(weighs too much)
too much s--- to list!
Sonicxtacy02

Post by Sonicxtacy02 »

damn you guys must be running out of topics [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
Shaun Newman
SOLD 1994 Blaze Red GS/ SOLD 1994 Chaste White GS-R
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

How can they be legal? Thing of some of the cargo vans with no windows in the back, only side mirros, a wall would be the same.
EvilSnot

Post by EvilSnot »

What you do is your own business, but I HIGHLY advise you NOT to build a wall in a mx3. The transfer effeicncy of your hatch is the best thing in the freakin world for a street vechile. There is a reason that almost all street class db drag competitors covet the CRX like its the holy grail. Take an example from this guy- <A HREF="http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pages ... onda%20CRX" TARGET=_blank>http://www.sounddomain.com/member_pages ... a%20CRX</A> (2000 world street champ! This is also a good site cause it shows that no matter what matt did with the crx, the wall always sucked. Best results where when he fired em off the hatch. You can find this guy on Termpro.com, as he is a moderator there, and very, VERY knowledgelbe!) <BR>Peace!
BumpNGlow

Post by BumpNGlow »

first off, are walls legal, yes... as long as you have your side mirrors, I have never heard of a place where they aren't... As for being the best way to go, not always... I haven't tested my car w/ a wall yet(but it will be soon), but in most cars its better... cuts down in cabin space and builds up more pressure(for the most part). <BR>As for "the transfer rate of your hatch is the best thing in the freakin world for a street vechile. There is a reason that almost all street class db drag competitors covet the CRX like its the holy grail":<BR>Yah, the CRX is the holy grail for street vehicles... the reason is not b/c of the transfer rate of the hatch though... its b/c there is no backseat. I ran into this rule during my first USAC competition. A stock/street car must be able to use its backseat(if it has one). CRX's do not have one, which is why EVERYONE uses them for stock classes... And, as for the efficency of the hatch, no. A curved hatch is not gonna create more pressure or anything like that...if anything, it will lose pressure due to flexing... which is another thing, with a wall, you won't have the hatch flexing/moving, which will help you get those last tenths of a dB later down the road....<P>Just my input, and just my thoughts... you might be able to prove me wrong
FOR SALE, AS A PARTS CAR

1994 Mazda MX-3 <-- 152dB's w/ 1 15
> Invited to '02 USACi World Finals, but did not compete due to stock alternator problems.
> Can't go to '03 USACi World Finals because I HAVE NOTHING LEFT!!

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”