facotry speakers

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
blue eyes

facotry speakers

Post by blue eyes »

Hi, <BR> I know I have posted this type of question before, but please answer it angain for me......<P>Now I am trying to remove my factory speakers and put in 6 1/2's, but the facotry speakers seem to be gluerd on to the car. Usually factory speakers fall out, but these do not, and they seem to have a double edge?????? Anyways please tell me how to rip them out, and if anyone has a template I could use to put my 6 1/2's in pleas tell me...<P>Thanks,<BR> Brad :D
codyhoover

Re: facotry speakers

Post by codyhoover »

get yourself a screwdriver and just pry the bastards out(i'm assuming you dont want to keep um). then hold the 6.5" up to the hole and drill new mounting hole.
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
mxcess

Post by mxcess »

Hey Brad!<BR> If you are talking about the door speakers, mine had the black sealant crap on the back of them and were hard to get out, but they will come out with some gentle prying like stated before. *WARNING* Be sure to install the new speakers with the window down to check for clearance between the window and speaker magnet! Don't ask! ;)
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

boy i wish i would have done that...<BR>damn speakers, damn it to hell!!! ;)
Bundy

Post by Bundy »

The stock speakers looked so cheap even though I don't know too much about speakers. I'm happy to have swapped mine.<P>bungo
Justin Evans

Post by Justin Evans »

As previously stated, gently pry the speakers out with a screwdriver (after removing the screws of course :D
Quartermaster92Y@hotmail.com
***DRIVE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!!!!!***
blue eyes

Post by blue eyes »

Thanks everyone for all of your help!!!!!! I will try it out once it warms up a little more here in regina saskatchewan canada. I still however have another question.....<P>There seems to be another rim around the factory speaker a "grey colored one" do I put the screw drive behind that one or do I put it under the "gold coloured one"???? Thanks hope this makes sence... :D

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”