jl audio

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
back alley

jl audio

Post by back alley »

ok, so my clarion speakers keep losin' it. so far, since the original install (around christmas) i've had 2 replaced and now 2 more need to be replaced. seems the (detachable) tweeter is touching the rest of the speaker and f-ing itself silly. while i really liked the sound of these speakers, i'm not prepared to keep replacing them. the sound shop has offered to replace all 4 speakers with jl 6.5in. the jl's cost more and are reported to be 'better' speakers. (btw - there will be no cost to me - straight replacement)<BR>so the question is...any opinions on the jl's?
back alley

Re: jl audio

Post by back alley »

no subs in the car. i have a good stereo at home w/ psb sub. my audio nitemare is from a&b sound, normally ok to deal with.
david103

Post by david103 »

JL audio is awesome. even the "not the best" of the line speakers are better than most. my op.<P>dave
back alley

Post by back alley »

ok, so i now have 4 vr600cx speakers in my car and i have to admit that i think they sound better than the clarion speakers. the bass sounds bigger and the highs are nice and clear. the clarions had a warmer sound which i also liked. it's close, near to a toss up - but i believe the jl's have the edge.

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”