Stereo suggestions...

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
shiznitz

Stereo suggestions...

Post by shiznitz »

Hi everyone, <P>I plan on buying two Infinity Perfect 12 subs, and put them in a bandpass box. Will they fit in the trunk of an mx-3? Also, what amp would you suggest I buy? I am looking in the 600-1000 dollar range (canadian)
mx-3
MX-3 Extreme

Re: Stereo suggestions...

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

well if you are purchasing the subs at your local future shop then you should go with the JBL 600.1 monoblock,this amp is very well build and very powerful when aplied to the right application.The amp is 2ohm stable all day long and with produce close to 600watts mono(real power) not MEI or jensen or anything like that. Trust me and go take a listen you will like for sure.<P>Killer Mx3<BR>Mobile Install Manager <BR>C of Q ontario certified technician<BR>First class Mecp certified
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

If your buying those subs why put them in a bandpass box? People have had great sucess putting them in a small sealed box because they have good output and sound good in a small box.<P>The JBL 600.1 and 1200.1 are both great amps. Both will put out over their rated RMS and stay cool doing it. Both amps are 1 ohm MONO stable, but no power increase from 2 ohm mono to 1 ohm mono.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

Um... I would talk to someone before you buy those. I went to Ultimate Electronics with the $650 to buy them, and left with $650 in my pocket. The employee told me that everyone that has bought one from there has brought it back within 6 months because they blow to easily. I listened to them, and the sound reflected the name, but I would rather take the Infinity Kappa, save $100 and have a more reliable subwoofer. They sound almost the same, and I have never heard of anyone blowing the Kappa sub.<BR>As for the amp I am going to buy a Planet Audio 600W amp, but that is because I am a fan of their products. I would check their stuff out. A 600W amp is only $350USD and they are well worth the money. Everone I know at Sound Warehouse buys Planet Audio, and they carry MB Acoustics, Orion, Kenwood, you name it.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

I think the JBL would be a better Amp. Ive never heard great things about Planet Audio.
shiznitz

Post by shiznitz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG>...The employee told me that everyone that has bought one from there has brought it back within 6 months because they blow to easily. I listened to them, and the sound reflected the name, but I would rather take the Infinity Kappa, save $100 and have a more reliable subwoofer. They sound almost the same, and I have never heard of anyone blowing the Kappa sub.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>The Infinity Perfect 12 IS Kappa, but it's the better version. The "myth" about perfect's blowing too easily is just that, a MYTH. Even if they did break, I have a warranty.<P><BR>- I would put them in a bandpass box because they make a different sound than a sealed or ported box. I like bandpass bass... I just wanted to know if a box that size would fit in the trunk of an MX-3...<P>Anyways, the JBL BP600.1 looks nice, although the BP1200.1 looks even better, although my lights will probably dim...<P>If anyone has any pics of mx-3 audio installations, post them please...<p>[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: shiznitz ]
mx-3
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<A HREF="http://members.sounddomain.com/polskis_mx3" TARGET=_blank>http://members.sounddomain.com/polskis_mx3</A> <P>Thats my buddys car, we did the install together. Everythign is secured very very well and wire loom on all the wires. Sounds very good inside too.<p>[ December 03, 2001: Message edited by: loudsubz ]
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by shiznitz:<BR>The Infinity Perfect 12 IS Kappa, but it's the better version. The "myth" about perfect's blowing too easily is just that, a MYTH. Even if they did break, I have a warranty.[/QB]<HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Infinity Perfects are indeed the Kappa SERIES, but not the Kappa. So, you go ahead and get them. At least you will always have a brand new sub. BTW, It's not just Ultimate Electronics that has told me that. I know people in car audio all around town, and I have heard nothing but problems from the Kappa Perfects. Even car audio magazines have nothing good to say about the Perfect line of Infinity. Don't get me wrong, I wanted them for a long time too, but after all I have heard about them, I wouldn't buy them. If you still plan on getting them (and I wouldn't blame you if you do) I hope that everything I have said doesn't happen for you. Godspeed to ya kid.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
codyhoover

Post by codyhoover »

people think perfects suck because they are VERY tempermental subs. they are designed for 2 very specific boxes 1ft3 sealed and 1.75ft3 ported. go to infinitys web site to get the exact spects for porting and fiber fill. if these subs are not in the EXACT conditions they will sound bad. as for blowing them its not possible unless you exceed 350wrms. lighting audio makes a 340wrms amp that has a built in cap so your lights wont dim. if your going perfect i would strongly sugest getting a custom box built. prefabs cant seem to handle the presures that sub makes.
-Cody
Green '92 GS
140db on 1 12"
The_Great_Tonge

Post by The_Great_Tonge »

i say go for some audiobahns. i have 1 12 aw1200x in my mx-3 and i love it. its a 700watt sub with dual voice coil and all the good stuff. i paid 75 at the swap shop brand new. thats my price i dont know what it miht cost you guys buts its a really good sub and i higly recomend it. just my 2 cents [img]shrug.gif"%20border="0[/img]
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

Personally, I dont like Audiobahn at all.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by codyhoover:<BR><STRONG>people think perfects suck because they are VERY tempermental subs. they are designed for 2 very specific boxes 1ft3 sealed and 1.75ft3 ported. go to infinitys web site to get the exact spects for porting and fiber fill. if these subs are not in the EXACT conditions they will sound bad. as for blowing them its not possible unless you exceed 350wrms. lighting audio makes a 340wrms amp that has a built in cap so your lights wont dim. if your going perfect i would strongly sugest getting a custom box built. prefabs cant seem to handle the presures that sub makes.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by subjekt:<STRONG><BR> Overpowering a sub isn't the main reason for subs blowing up. If you underpower you amp you can cause 'clipping' and will fry your sub(s) and amp, also just underpowering the subs will cause them to blow.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><BR>If the sub was made to be used in a specific sized box, there would be a huge label on there saying so. Especially if alot of people have blown them. When I went in there they were in a 2.0FT³ box and sounded like a dream. Subjekt is right. It is more common to blow a sub from underpowering it, than overpowering it. People go to buy an amp thinking "if I buy a 200W amp it won't blow my 450RMS sub" when in fact it will, unless specified. It is best to run a 450WRMS sub with a 450WRMS amp. As I said, please buy these subs. I would love for you to prove me wrong.<p>[ December 05, 2001: Message edited by: VizualXTC ]
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

ImageImage

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”