change in sound?

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
back alley

change in sound?

Post by back alley »

does the sound change much if the rear hatch shade/cover is in place? right now without it the sound is very good and i would hate to lose that by putting a shade/cover in place.
MrsOzx

Re: change in sound?

Post by MrsOzx »

I actually took mine off for that reason.. If you enclose any speaker it will sound different. Might be a little or alot. I could tell the difference, and I personally like the way it sounds with it off better. Just my openion though. :)
MrsOzx<p>buh-bye........
Giavonni Perelli
mxcess

Post by mxcess »

When I put my 12"s in the back I had to take my cover off due to the cover rattling like crazy. I got the back window limo tinted for security reasons since the cover was gone. Might want to do the same if you decide to go that route.
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

Tinting the car isn't that great also. It makes thivese wonder if your trying to hide somethign in your car, thats why i never put it on my car.
back alley

Post by back alley »

cars have trunks and i doubt if people assume that every trunk has some treasure in it. i finally found a cover and put it in today. i actually like the sound better. it seems to have more presence and brings the voices out a bit. i just have 4 speakers (6.5) - no subs and i doubt i will go that route - so i don't think i need to worry about anything rattling out back.<BR>thanks for the input.
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

Not only stereo, but when you see tints thieves automatically assume that your trying to hide soemthing, and it makes it look like the cars worth more stealing if they havr tints on it.<P>Just a bad idea, unless the tint isn't that strong, but if its pretty dark then its dumb.
VizualXTC

Post by VizualXTC »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by loudsubz:<BR><STRONG>Tinting the car isn't that great also. It makes thivese wonder if your trying to hide somethign in your car, thats why i never put it on my car.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>That's why you put an alarm on, and a scanning visual deterant. Just because you have tint, doesn't mean someone will break into your car. When I got my truck broken into, I had 1 10" sub, and no tint. The car next to mine (an eclipse with no alarm) had dark tint, 3 12" subs. They could see my system, that's why they took it.
~Ryan~

1994 MX-3 GS Teal
Stock V6 with insane potential
1987 Toyota Pickup
SR5 Xtracab Turbo

--The slow wait until the green light, while the FAST already left when the red went out--

--Sex should be like driving a Honda....slow, obscene, and loud enough for the neighbors to hear--
ImageImage
loudsubz

Post by loudsubz »

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by VizualXTC:<BR><STRONG><P>That's why you put an alarm on, and a scanning visual deterant. Just because you have tint, doesn't mean someone will break into your car. When I got my truck broken into, I had 1 10" sub, and no tint. The car next to mine (an eclipse with no alarm) had dark tint, 3 12" subs. They could see my system, that's why they took it.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE><P>Alarms dont work all that well, unless you have a paging alarm, Im sorry. Now adays when alarms go off hardly anyone pays attention to them, and within seconds the thieve(s) will have it disconnected anyways. The only good alarms are paging alarms or alarms with starter disable or engine kill on them.<p>[ December 01, 2001: Message edited by: loudsubz ]

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”