xm radio

Car Stereo/Alarm Discussions
Ryencool

xm radio

Post by Ryencool »

Hey, my car was broken into and the sorry excuse of a radioshack cd player was stole, god knows why...however xmas is here and im tryin to get my parnets to get my a pioneer deh-p6300, the base model the uses the organic EL screen. IS this a very good unit? ive gone over the specs and it seems good for everyday use...plus I found it new for 213$...anyways, anyone have this new XM radio deal? goto xmradio.com if you dont know what im talking about...is it worth it for those who have tried it?<P>Ryan
92 red rs
performance exhaust
zx2 struts and Eibach springs
turboed + stand alone when the cash is there
Custommx3
Site Administrator
antispam: ~SPAM*SUX~

Re: xm radio

Post by Custommx3 »

I have the 9200R and I love my head unit. It has alot more features and a bigger screen than that one, but I love the organic EL.
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

Pioneer organic EL decks are awesome. I had one in my camaro before it got stolen and Im going to get the new 9300 for my MX-3. The 9300 is not for normal day use. Its totally a comp deck. Built in Microphone that will totally set perfect blanace and levels for many different type of sound you want. Downloadable images from the web to put directly on the deck. This is the God of desks. Its also about 550 off ebay though. I think retail is 700, but its so worth it. I bought the Organic EL deck when it first came out (The 8200) for my camaro and went to shows and people couldnts stop lookin at it. Everyone wanted to know how much it was and where to buy it and couldnt belive it was a pioneer ( I have allwayz loves pioneer) because people still thinkin Clarion and Alpine for some reason makes a better deck (Clarions LCD goes out so much its not even funny unless you buy one of thier WAY overpriced decks). Anywayz its a good buy. Now with XMSR, everyone needs to get this. You can get it without a XMSR deck. Come on 100 channels of Crystal Clear audio anywhere in the country? How can this not be good. Not only that 90% less advertising then any radio station. XMSR is going to do to radio what Cable did to TV and that is excatly why I bought 5000 shares of XMSR about 6 months back.
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

Dude, I have the DEH-930. How do you download the personal images/movies to the deck from home? They only say that you can take the faceplate into a dealership and have them do it for you. I heard that there's a home kit you can use...?<P>I also heard that you can burn animated GIFs and whatever onto a cdr, and pop it into the deck and it's supposed to recognize the data on the cdr and download it...?<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by SirCruizer:<BR><STRONG>Pioneer organic EL decks are awesome. I had one in my camaro before it got stolen and Im going to get the new 9300 for my MX-3. The 9300 is not for normal day use. Its totally a comp deck. Built in Microphone that will totally set perfect blanace and levels for many different type of sound you want. Downloadable images from the web to put directly on the deck. This is the God of desks. Its also about 550 off ebay though. I think retail is 700, but its so worth it. I bought the Organic EL deck when it first came out (The 8200) for my camaro and went to shows and people couldnts stop lookin at it. Everyone wanted to know how much it was and where to buy it and couldnt belive it was a pioneer ( I have allwayz loves pioneer) because people still thinkin Clarion and Alpine for some reason makes a better deck (Clarions LCD goes out so much its not even funny unless you buy one of thier WAY overpriced decks). Anywayz its a good buy. Now with XMSR, everyone needs to get this. You can get it without a XMSR deck. Come on 100 channels of Crystal Clear audio anywhere in the country? How can this not be good. Not only that 90% less advertising then any radio station. XMSR is going to do to radio what Cable did to TV and that is excatly why I bought 5000 shares of XMSR about 6 months back.</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
MX-3 Extreme

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

Pioneer rock's,ou can't go wrong with any of their models cause I am a Pioneer dealer and install pioneer on a daily basis and never have any problems. I also am sponsored by pioneer for my show mx-3 and have 2 pioneer video screens and 6.1 dolby digital processor with 6 disc dvd changer and it is incredible. I have have many different head units in my mx-3 but pioneer come's out on top. As for the guy that says his 7300 came with a steering wheel remote?I was positive that the steering wheel remote only come with the 9300 in canada, (could be wrong though) most likely not.<P>Killer Mx3
GMGQ

Post by GMGQ »

<B>Mark</B>: Just the guy I need to talk to then. So do you have any info on that download kit for the 9300 & 930 decks? The press release of these decks stated that people could take the faceplate back to the dealership to get them to d/l personal images/movies to the faceplate, or else there was also a home kit. I couldn't find any info about this on the Pioneer website. Would you happen to know how I could get that home download kit? LMK, TIA.<P><BR> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mark:<BR><STRONG>Pioneer rock's,ou can't go wrong with any of their models cause I am a Pioneer dealer and install pioneer on a daily basis and never have any problems. I also am sponsored by pioneer for my show mx-3 and have 2 pioneer video screens and 6.1 dolby digital processor with 6 disc dvd changer and it is incredible. I have have many different head units in my mx-3 but pioneer come's out on top. As for the guy that says his 7300 came with a steering wheel remote?I was positive that the steering wheel remote only come with the 9300 in canada, (could be wrong though) most likely not.<P>Killer Mx3</STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Gary Mui ( mx3style@shaw.ca )
Vancouver, BC, Canada
http://mx3slimvisors.2ya.com
Spetznaz

Post by Spetznaz »

I have the 7300. The organic EL is great, I put on the race cars when I have the loud peddle all the way down. As for the steering wheel remote, "Mark", It does come with the steering remote as an option.
Suspension Techniques lowering kit, front and rear strut braces, Ractive cold air intake, 16" wheels with 215/40's, full cat back custom Tanabe Racing Medallion exhaust. Custom Competion stereo, full interior purple neon lighting.
SirCruizer

Post by SirCruizer »

You have the 930? MAN Im jealous... Goto the dealership and ask them how they do it. Theres a kit but Im not sure what its called and it might be only for dealers, but goto a ma and pa dealer and they can order it for you. Im not sure of the cost though. The home kit I belive is the same kit that the dealers use except (Mark correct me if I am wrong) an authorized dealer gets to use the kit only if they sell those specific decks and I think they have to order a min. and they send them the kit, but then I guess they could say they broke theirs or need a new one and order one for a cost for you.<P> <BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GMGQ:<BR><STRONG>Dude, I have the DEH-930. How do you download the personal images/movies to the deck from home? They only say that you can take the faceplate into a dealership and have them do it for you. I heard that there's a home kit you can use...?<BR> </STRONG><HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Friends dont let friends drive Domestic
MX-3 Extreme

Post by MX-3 Extreme »

I agree that the steering wheel remote can come as an option but only come with the DEH9300 model right out of the box,in canada anyway. Didn,t mean to insult anyone just carry pioneer as one of my best line for audio and see most of there best products.As for the downloading of the organic display for pic's ect, you can get the smaller shops that can order from pioneer direct to order a kit that will plug into your computer and you can download pic's onto the headunit with the proper connections and program.I have never personally tried it but have been told by my rep that it is expensive and is available through special order only.<P>Killer Mx3
MX3RS

Post by MX3RS »

Yeah gotta love the 9300. I got mine back in early June when it was first out. Sent directly from Pioneer to me for the amazing price of $0. I had an employee reward points at work and I used them to get the deck for free! Not a bad deal at all huh?

Return to “Car Stereo/Alarm”